Home Main Category Clubhouse

alphasig survives frigid Houston, pics prove it

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Brrrr... Arctic (well, would you believe slightly Arctic?) conditions sweep over normally tropical Houston like a plague from the rust belt, and the erstwhile balmy West Alabama Icehouse is gripped in the icy (well, can we get cool and rainy?) grip of wintry drizzle:

alpha02.jpg

Traffic is at a standstill (er, mebbe not) and picnic tables, normally draped with semi-drunken patrons, stand a mute and sad testimony to what could have been:

alpha03.jpg

Even the palm trees are forlorn:

alpha04.jpg

Yet amidst this squalor, alphasig bravely risks the inclement weather and meets with Sam:

alpha01.jpg

alpha05.jpg

Just contrast this with the humidity-burdened image of when Teach ventured into Houston in 2011 (and when Sam was ~75 pounds larger):

teach1.jpg

Anyway... alpha actually turned out to be a remarkably smart and interesting guy (for an eastern semi-liberal, that is). We discussed travel, the environment (both local and global), cute barmaids, food, science, history, politics, life in general, and amazingly, no arguments were extant. And also amazing, we never got around to discussing firearms at all. Go figger.

But a good time was had by two, and we parted, having solved most of the world's problems. You'll likely see the headlines in the news by tomorrow. Or maybe not. Tough for the world, then, not having paid attention after all the work we put into the afternoon.

ps... Not once did I tease alpha about his 'stash. Feel free however to chime in as you wish.

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    He's rediscovering his inner Wambli...........
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I made a feeble attempt to recruit him into the "Montrose Beer and Gun Club" (dot-com if you're interested) and perhaps, suitably intrigued, he'll later shell out the bucks for a t-shirt (comes with lifetime MB&GC membership, ha ha).
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sir Walter Raleigh's great great great grandson visits Houston :tooth:

Hey, always nice to meet up with forum members.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,891 Senior Member
    Go into an ice house in winter you should be cold.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Looks like an actor in a pirate movie.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
    To clarify, I gave alphasig an autographed copy of my mystery novel "Blood Spiral" so that he'd have headaches while reading the novel. Revenge is sweet.

Yes I've eaten the food at the truck near the Icehouse and it's quite good for fast food.

While in Houston, alphasig did eat a considerable amount of TexMex, which will work its way through his system and plant its nefarious seeds in his body, same as my novel will. Eventually he'll be unable to resist the pull of the TexMex atomic structure and he'll interview and be hired by BP and move to Houston, becoming yet another diehard conservative. Heh heh...
    NN wrote: »
    Go into an ice house in winter you should be cold.

Even Houston hasn't been spared the excesses of the "global warming" winter. For it to be that cool and rainy in March was a real stretch. The weather yesterday was typical of our "winter" which normally happens Feb 9th here.

Alpha didn't seem to feel the cold much, in that he was in his shirtsleeves while I was ensconced in my comfy warm NRA jacket (logo barely visible in the pic) but alpha is of course somewhat used to chilly weather, living in the general DC area.

That will all change, of course, when he moves to Houston next year to take that job in the science and technical division of BP. Or maybe Halliburton?
    Latest news is that alpha has safely made it back to Liberaland. Whether he was tainted by his brief stay in America, too soon to tell.