Home Main Category General Firearms

Ruger American rimfire rifles.

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,563 Senior Member
I think Ruger has struck gold with their American line of rifles. Now in rimfire:

http://ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/models.html

Standard and compact BBL lengths. 22" and 18", respectively. I think a standard size .22mag may be in my future. $329 MSRP.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think if they shoot good, you are correct.

Besides the way .22/all ammo has skyrocketed in $$$$$ bolt rilfes may be the way folks are trending AGAIN!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,432 Senior Member
    Interesting. I will probably have to have one but IMO Savage is making the best bolt action .22 for the $.
  • DurwoodDurwood Senior Member Posts: 971 Senior Member
    The accuracy reports I've been reading don't impress me much. Boyds is offering a stock which does make it more tempting to me.
    You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts:guns:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Only .22 rimfire I'm interested in right now is a Browning T-Bolt with maple stock.

And unless I can't Google worth a :cuss: Remington only offers the Model 5 Compact as their one and only rimfire bolt action rifle.
    And Marlin only lists one bolt action as the XT.
    Choices are getting skinny unless you look at Savage.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 792 Senior Member
    I got one in .22lr and the compact version. What I liked about it is that it uses 10/22 mags of which I have a bunch, the adjustable trigger and the different stock legnths. I bought the compact one so that my kids can shoot it and then I will buy the full legnth for myself.

Mine was $259 out the door
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    My LGS tells me they're selling like hotcakes, and they're getting very good feedback on them.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Damn I remember when the 77/22 was that much money.

It still is Wambli.....X2+, That's if it's on sale!
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    I got one in .22lr and the compact version. What I liked about it is that it uses 10/22 mags of which I have a bunch, the adjustable trigger and the different stock legnths. I bought the compact one so that my kids can shoot it and then I will buy the full legnth for myself.

Mine was right around there too, $250ish including the weaver bases you have to buy separately. Ruger includes the bases on the American centerfire.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member

Hey Minnesotashooter, let us know how they shoot. Dagnabbit, the enablers here are texting my brain again. Now I may have to spend MORE MONEY!

:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Ruger has recently issued a recall for a batch of .22WMR & .17HMR American Rimfires:

http://www.ruger.com/RugerAmericanRimfire22WMRFRecall/index.html
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 792 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Hey Minnesotashooter, let us know how they shoot. Dagnabbit, the enablers here are texting my brain again. Now I may have to spend MORE MONEY!

:jester:

I will as soon as it stops fricken snowing here in Minnesota. I think Chiro1989 wants the hockey season to last longer and keeps wishing for snow and cold(at least that's who I am blaming).
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,653 Senior Member
    I will as soon as it stops fricken snowing here in Minnesota. I think Chiro1989 wants the hockey season to last longer and keeps wishing for snow and cold(at least that's who I am blaming).

I don't know, the Wild are giving me an ulcer this week. I had a patient hunt on a SD preserve last weekend, he said there was NO snow and it was very dry, should be catching up to you soon.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11