Home Main Category Clubhouse

Holy Crap! I'm getting worried now!

Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker BannedPosts: 1,503 Senior Member
5 bleeping earthquakes in the last week now. One very small just hit a minute ago and we had a 5.3 last night with a few foreshocks and three aftershocks plus the one last week. Bring it on baby!! Bring it on!! YEEHAW!!!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,862 Senior Member
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    :angel:

Whoa!! Easy now!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Just wrap yourself in bubble pack and you'll be fine. It's the earth's way of giving you a farewell from California.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Call it schadenfreude, but I am always amused by the travails of people who deliberately live in dangerous places. I wonder if these people are also an easy mark for Nigerian lottery winners, and salesmen peddling bridges and swamp land. Why shouldn't they be? After all, they live on an active fault line.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Any body want an ocean front lot in Arizona? :jester: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    It could be worse, I guess. A volcano forming and erupting in San Francisco and/or Los Angeles would be pretty bad. Pompeii on a large scale.

And it's not like California doesn't have some volcanoes that could get frisky sometime in the future.

http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/california.html
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    horselips wrote: »
    Call it schadenfreude, but I am always amused by the travails of people who deliberately live in dangerous places. I wonder if these people are also an easy mark for Nigerian lottery winners, and salesmen peddling bridges and swamp land. Why shouldn't they be? After all, they live on an active fault line.

Well, let's be fair --- lots of people live where there can be tornadoes or hurricanes too. I wouldn't call Wichita "dangerous" -- unless of course you head down to the KitKatKlub on Hydraulic Avenue.

For historic sake, Hydraulic Avenue use to be, and may still be, the raunchy zone of normally placid Wichita. All the chancy bars were there, kind of a redlight zone. When I went to school at KU (Lawrence KS), I dated a girl who got into grade trouble and dropped out, went to Wichita to find work, found instead a dancer job at the KitKat. I used to ride my bike there, Kansas Turnpike, to visit her. True.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    It's that frickenfracken.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    I didn't feel that one either.

No I'm not drunk!

It was just a 4.0. Funny!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    It's that frickenfracken.

I'm betting more on lack of lubrication at the subduction zones. Maybe they should drill down to those areas and squirt a mega dose of K-Y jelly down in the area to make things more slicker and avoid the herky jerky stuff.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    K-Y jelly sounds like a great idea, squirt tons of it deep into the ground.

Then later, pump some cigarette smoke down...
    tennmike wrote: »
    I'm betting more on lack of lubrication at the subduction zones. Maybe they should drill down to those areas and squirt a mega dose of K-Y jelly down in the area to make things more slicker and avoid the herky jerky stuff.

The ...er ...ah ...'populace' of West Hollywood would never stand for that kind of waste. ...now paddle faster **** ...I hear a banjo playin.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Had a 4.7 in Talkeetna today....1 day after the 50 yr anniversary of the big one. Folks here are nervous.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Youngest daughter just moved from SF to LA and felt that one the other night. Shook her doors and bookcases.

I :angel2: for the safety of all in earthquake zones.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

No KY needed. Just more stimulation. Frack away!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Had a 4.7 in Talkeetna today....1 day after the 50 yr anniversary of the big one. Folks here are nervous.

When I lived in Cupertino and SanFran, and we'd be at work when a temblor hit, we'd go "four point five" or "five point one" and the guy who guessed the closest without going over would win $5 from each bettor. Sort of like when we used to play "huckletybuck" while drinking lots of beer.