Home Main Category Clubhouse

Nanny state "educators" worried about "dangerous" eraser game?

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Here's a perfect example of why our schools need a total reformation, top to bottom. Our "educators" are frantic that a new fad is "dangerous" so they're wasting time with this stupid fad instead of teaching the kids.

Apparently there's this new fad among teens, an "eraser" game. You rub the end of a pencil eraser on your wrist (or palm?) back and forth, each time calling out a letter in the alphabet and also a word beginning with that letter. Or something like that.

I know it sounds dumb but kids are dumb for the most part until they get to, oh, age forty anyway.

What's hilarious about this is that "educators" are worried that the game is dangerous because repeated play can irritate the skin, even break the skin. And they're of course rabid (ha ha) that bodily fluids would be shared.

Lemme enlighten these idiots... teenagers have plenty more exciting ways to share bodily fluids and engage in that activity frequently.

Here's the link to the Fox story:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/03/30/educators-trying-to-rub-out-dangerous-new-game-known-as-eraser-challenge/

Replies

• JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    all we did with erasers was hurl them at each other on stormy days they wouldn't let us go outside at lunch..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,559 Senior Member
    Could be that they're trying to avoid a lawsuit and stink up from problem parents because little Johnny hurt himself at school and the teachers were negligent in their duties in not making sure they're safe.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Man, and we thought indian rope burns were cool as kids.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Man, and we thought indian rope burns were cool as kids.

Matt

Not to mention noogies.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Back in the 'olden days' when I was in school it was rubber bands and paper wads, homemade cane pole pea shooters that shot wet paper wads, and in season, dogwood berries. The dogwood berries and paper wads left the 'muzzle with a loud "POP". And all of those would raise a nice red welt on bare skin or through a light shirt. Kids nowadays gots no imagination! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    If someone tells me they're a "Teacher", all well and good. If they tell me they're an "Educator", they've lost me right there as I roll my eyes...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    If someone tells me they're a "Teacher", all well and good. If they tell me they're an "Educator", they've lost me right there as I roll my eyes...

Agreed. It's kind of a code word, isn't it?
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,401 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    My favorite game?
    "That's two for flinching"

20110610-044106.jpg

That's two.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Agreed. It's kind of a code word, isn't it?
    Yea, for "over-educated idiot", seemingly.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,401 Senior Member
    Yep. Played both games in school. Course, we would be in prison for that now
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov