Home Main Category Clubhouse

New uniform Regulation...Beards and such...

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,534 Senior Member
As per AR 670-1 Chapter 1 para 1-7(3)

(3) Personal grooming. Hair and grooming practices are governed by paragraph 1–8 of this regulation, and exceptions
or accommodations based on religious practices will not be granted

para 1-8 (2)c

(c) Males will keep their face clean-shaven when in uniform or in civilian clothes on duty. Mustaches are permitted;
if worn, males will keep mustaches neatly trimmed, tapered, and tidy. Mustaches will not present a chopped off or
bushy appearance, and no portion of the mustache will cover the upper lip line or extend sideways beyond a vertical
line drawn upward from the corners of the mouth (see figure 1–1). Handlebar mustaches, goatees, and beards are not
authorized. If appropriate medical authority prescribes beard growth, the length required for medical treatment must be
specified. For example, “The length of the beard will not exceed 1⁄4 inch” (see TB MED 287). Soldiers will keep the
growth trimmed to the level specified by appropriate medical authority, but they are not authorized to shape the growth
into goatees, or “Fu Manchu” or handlebar mustaches

I have to go shave now.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    You mean that they actually consider that hair above your lip a mustache?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Actually...Disregard..

shows what I get for trusting my Higher Echelons. Only the DA PM is out. While there is a tab to download the new Army Reg, it is still the old Army reg....Under the new Army Reg Tab.

Who ever sent me snipets in my email, failed to read the cover. I failed to follow up with verification before posting here.

But when I wanted to look up another standard, I discovered the truth.

I hate this unit.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    So... alphasig can't carry his handlebars into military service?