Home Main Category Personal Defense

Attention fellow "large sized" folks who carry.

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 20,875 Senior Member
I found a place today that makes 1.5" wide heavy duty Nylon belts (instructor belts in single and double thicknesses) and also 0.25" thick Bullhide leather belts in 1.25", 1.5" and 1.75" widths up to 80" in length and actually has decent prices on them (IMO)

As most of my fellow lard butts know, most of the "normal" big name companies that make carry belts (5.11, Blackhawk et al) ignore us over sized folks.
So I thought I'd let you know about

http://www.bullhidebelts.com/

You know me well enough to know I'm not on here to shill for them, but I also know I'm not the only large guy on here and figured I'd pass along this potential source of carry belts.

For the record, I have both a 1.5" black basket weave (for work uniform) and a 1.5" black nylon (single thickness/0.125") belt on order as of today.

Didn't see the nylon belts until after I'd ordered the leather online, so called them and added the other. No problems and the guy I spoke with, Eric, was nice enough to deal with.

He gave me an estimated delivery of 7-9 days. We'll see how accurate that is.

Range report to follow after delivery
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,875 Senior Member
    Oh, and for you "scrawny" sized people :p
    they make down to 32" in Leather and 34" in the Nylon :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    I have a few of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-New-Leather-Western-Belt-32-34-36-38-40-42-44-/250750257522 two in brown and at least one black one.

They are also 1.5" wide with a generic basket weave pattern, and sufficiently thick to work well as a gunbelt. Less than half the price of those listed above also.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Jeeper wrote: »
    I have a few of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-New-Leather-Western-Belt-32-34-36-38-40-42-44-/250750257522 two in brown and at least one black one.
    Yep, and according to your link they go to a max of 44" :nono:
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Nice belts! Just went into my "favorites" bar. Thanks!
    You're quite welcome

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    Some good looking belts
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    I hope they look as good in person when mine arrive.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    They make a size 80? Really? If you have an 80 inch waist, you probably need suspenders or are bedridden in which case you don't need no stinkin belt.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    I've got a couple of their belts........good stuff.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »

They are also 1.5" wide with a generic basket weave pattern, and sufficiently thick to work well as a gunbelt. Less than half the price of those listed above also.

Luis

Some of us wear a bigger belt than size 44
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    They make a size 80? Really?
    They say they do

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Don't forget there are a plethora of tool belts that work as gun belts too, they are available in larger sizes, and much cheaper too, Home Depot has one I like very much, it is a leather & nylon hybrid belt, and it comes with lots of Velcro and attachments that may or may not serve as parts to attach your holster and other accessories to, and at only $ 20, only it is an outside of the loops type of belt.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Paul, You are not large, you are fluffy, LOL............Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,317 Senior Member
    80" in length must be the Hippo Belt!:cool2:
    They arrived yesterday. Wore the nylon one today, I am IMPRESSED!!!

Also, their "pants size + 4" sizing was spot on for me. The leather belt fit perfectly in the middle hole.