Before You Subscribe To Guns & Ammo...

horselipshorselips Senior MemberPosts: 3,626 Senior Member
...We need to get to the truth and the bottom of this:

(www.breitbart.com) AWR Hawkins-Leo Hindery Jr. is a Democrat-fundraiser and donor whose private equity firm owns InterMedia Outdoors, which publishes Guns & Ammo magazine and the Sportsman Channel. His equity firm also publishes Rifle Shooter, Shooting Times, and Handguns. According to Politico, Hindery "personally contributed more than $1 million to the Democratic National Committee Campaign under [former Senate majority leader] Tom Daschle's (D) leadership." He was a top fundraiser for Daschle and "a top supporter of former Sen. John Edward's White House bid."

In November 2013, The New York Times listed Hindery, George Soros, and Rob Reiner, as part of a group of donors who signed a letter asking Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) to reform laws to make all state elections publicly funded. NYT then quoted Brigham Young University political scientist David B. Magleby as saying, "These are the kinds of donors a Cuomo candidacy for presidency will need."

Earlier in 2013 the NYT asked Hindery his views on the reform of gun laws and he said: "I believe in appropriate restrictions--that's just my personal view."

It appears Mr. Hindery is of the same mind as that jackanapes Dick Metcalf, which suddenly explains a whole lot - like why Metcalf was able (encouraged?) to publish his anti-gun rights rant. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall when the owner and his editor were hatching this little bit of treachery. I would like to hear Mr. Hindery's side of this, and exactly what he considers "appropriate restrictions."

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    OOOPS -I didn't see that this issue has already been brought up in the Clubhouse. - MODERATORS - I apologize. Do with it what you think is right.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Horselips........this forum we all love is provided free of charge by G&A magazine and I for one appreciate it. I can't control the political stance of the media groups owner no more than I can Hollywood stars.

So, it's interesting information, but not really much any of us can do about it except cut ourselves off from the gun world. Heck I'll bet most Internet sites are created/designed by folks who live and think LA LA LAND............................don't mean I'll not go online anymore.

I thunk I'll post this on the other thread too.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!