Sarah Palin's in town

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,262 Senior Member
She came to speak at the New Hope HS graduation, class of 77. I don't care if you like her or not, that's pretty cool should would come do that. She could be speaking at much bigger schools in much bigger places that got her more attention I'm sure. Her reason for coming, cause they asked her. BTW, tickets were sold out long ago, 6000 seats. Pretty cool of her I thought.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    I'm thinking, though I have no proof of it, that Sara and her family are simply salt of the earth people, just like most of middle America. Those who ascribe to her, motivations that are selfish and sinister, are they themselves, judging through the prism of their own character flaws.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,062 Senior Member
    I.....Those who ascribe to her, motivations that are selfish and sinister, are they themselves, judging through the prism of their own character flaws.
    As with most progresso-lib types.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,369 Senior Member
    A friend of mine met Sarah Palin in Bakersfield and talked with her for about 20 min. He said that not only was she a very personable lady but she was also one of the smartest people that he had the pleasure of talking to.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    They hate her because she shops at Walmart, is intelligent, loves her family, believes in the good Lord above and likes to shoot guns! Plus she is a conservative in her politics.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    They hate her because she shops at Walmart, is intelligent, loves her family, believes in the good Lord above and likes to shoot guns! Plus she is a conservative in her politics.

I agree with you in theory BC but I think the liberal elite only see people with those attributes as one of the many poor, unwashed, ignorant, backwoods, bubba voters.

They don't start hating and attacking until you add in the ability to speak intelligently and passionately to rally a voter base. Now you represent a threat to their agenda and must be stopped.
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    I really love the comments on this. I agree, what's not to love? She's a smart, good looking, level headed lady and I'd be proud to help elect her to any office of the land. The libs tried to crucify her along with some of the Rinos in the Republican party. But guess what? They failed. She's still a conservative force to be reckoned with.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    PFD wrote: »
    I agree with you in theory BC but I think the liberal elite only see people with those attributes as one of the many poor, unwashed, ignorant, backwoods, bubba voters.

You would be surprised at how many of those "bubba voters" work in engineering at JPL.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    What's not to love about Sarah Palin? She hunts, shoots, rides, cooks, raises the kids and ran the state of Alaska for awhile........not to mention rather easy on the eyes.........Heck, isn't that we as men are looking for? What people call ditzy......I see as a pure innocence (if that is possible with a politician) on some subjects.......give her a catholic prep school...(with the plaid skirt and calf-length white socks....mmmmmm..), and she can handle the world like it was a row of jello-shots.....

I like her straight-talk, her down-home demeanor.........is she really ready for the chessboard of world politics? Are we ready to see good ole down home patriotism get turned into a cynical back-stabbing politicism? Cause that's what being the Leader of the Free World has become over and over.......Love me cause I'm new, cute, and smart.........then hate me later when I've realized how this system really works, and I have to be a Cha-chi to someone if I wanna make MY plans work.

I would love to meet her, talk with her, and definitely get a selfie with her. We've went from stodgy old white men.........to a young black man.......next step is a woman........who would you rather see in office.......Palin or Clinton? The lesser of the two evils can still wear lingere and make it look goooooood. That's Pride in America along with our world-known arrogance..........."yeah we're Capitalist Pig-Dogs.........but my Leader is hotter than yours...........naaayhn-naaaaaaahy"!

And THEN.........when we are done with American Idol Presidencies.......catering to every ethnic group............we will be back to stodgy old white men saying.......we gave y'all a chance, and you sucked at it.............FAIL.com, enter your username and password......we told you so......

We as a nation have painted ourselves in a corner again...........worse than Isolationism......now we are in debt to others on a grand scale........I don't know about you, but I hate owing to others.......other than those that I would give my life for. In rememberance of Memorial day.............shut down the politics, and remember were our arrogant freedom was won, with the blood of men who volunteered to fight for freedom, and cause it was the right thing to do.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    Ya lost me when you mentioned Sarah Palin and lingerie in the same sentence............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,413 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Ya lost me when you mentioned Sarah Palin and lingerie in the same sentence............

Thats what i'm talking about....:love:

Sarah is HOT in every way. I would choose her to lead me any day.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    Sarah Palin was born in Sandpoint, ID the town I live closest to. She frequently comes to town for various reasons. I know a few people that have spoken with her and speak very highly of her.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    I love good looking women that hunt. What's not to love? I like this Melissa Bachman too on one of the outdoor channels, maybe Pursuit. Does anyone know if she's kin to Michele?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.