Why does Dept of Ag. need these?

13»

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    gunwalker wrote: »
    Just wondering, could this be part of the alleged effort by the feds to buy so much ammo that the price for civilians is prohibitive? Also creating a shortage in the civilian market in the name of government necessity? Doesnt it seem too coincidental that so many agencies are ordering guns and ammo? Just wondering if this is part of O,bamas "I have a pen and a phone" strategy?

I am absolutely convinced that the Fed is gearing up for Civil War II. Unless someone can explain why every agency is armed to the teeth, stockpiling ammo, buying MRAPs, body armor, drones, and utilizing cell phone and internet surveillance. Mark my words, before long they will start buying military grade munitions. They will say "drug dealers and/or terrorists" are justification.

Reducing the public's ammo buying ability is just a bi-product perk for the Feds.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I am absolutely convinced that the Fed is gearing up for Civil War II. Unless someone can explain why every agency is armed to the teeth, stockpiling ammo, buying MRAPs, body armor, drones, and utilizing cell phone and internet surveillance. Mark my words, before long they will start buying military grade munitions. They will say "drug dealers and/or terrorists" are justification.

Reducing the public's ammo buying ability is just a bi-product perk for the Feds.

I am reaching that same conclusion. You can say whatever you want about why all this stuff is going on..... but the FACTS all point in that direction.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    More of Obama's civilian army building I guess. So much for getting any of those Kel-Tecs for a while :tissue:. Not sure what else fits this, the folding stock is what makes it unique to this solicitation.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/14/Dept-Of-Agriculture-Orders-Submachine-Guns-With-30-Round-Magazines

"A May 7th solicitation by the U.S. Department of Agriculture seeks "the commercial acquisition of submachine guns [in] .40 Cal. S&W."
    According to the solicitation, the Dept. of Agriculture wants the guns to have an "ambidextrous safety, semiautomatic or 2 round [bursts] trigger group, Tritium night sights front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore group) and scope (top rear), stock collapsible or folding," and a "30 rd. capacity" magazine.

They also want the submachine guns to have a "sling," be "lightweight," and have an "oversized trigger guard for gloved operation."

The solicitation directs "all responsible and/or interested sources...[to] submit their company name, point of contact, and telephone." Companies that submit information in a "timely" fashion "shall be considered by the agency for contact to determine weapon suitability."

What in heaven's name does this have to do with growing food? Does this administration believe we're all asleep?

I think they may have had a great plan building here to take over the country, but then along came all the scandles that people aren't overlooking and it's drawing attention to their shenanigans. Time's running out as 2016 gets closer.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    What they show in the video is the CZ Scorpion Evo 9mm..1150RPM and a 3 round burst setting too...

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-law-enforcement-military/OS-AUT/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.aspx

Unless Kel-Tec is licensing them or something...they aren't currently available in .40 i don't think...

but the Sig MPX is available in .40

https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig-mpx.aspx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Those weapons they are putting out for bid are mainly urban warfare stuff. Pretty useless at any range past 100 yards. We don't have to worry much about them, meaning us that live in the boondocks. They will be 'in range' a long time before we are. Sayin'.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Those weapons they are putting out for bid are mainly urban warfare stuff. Pretty useless at any range past 100 yards. We don't have to worry much about them, meaning us that live in the boondocks. They will be 'in range' a long time before we are. Sayin'.

But they'll be in MRAPs....
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    They've seen the movie "Attack of the killer tomatoes" and are getting spooked.

http://killertomatoes.com/

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
    roadking wrote: »
    They've seen the movie "Attack of the killer tomatoes" and are getting spooked.

http://killertomatoes.com/

Matt

They gots MRAPs; I got big trees, among other things. When MRAP meets big tree, big tree wins, every...........time. I ain't sayin', just sayin'. :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,281 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    They gots MRAPs; I got big trees, among other things. When MRAP meets big tree, big tree wins, every...........time. I ain't sayin', just sayin'. :tooth:

Just ask Jerry's tractor
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Just ask Jerry's tractor

Ouch! :tooth: