One proud gandpa....

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 19,109 Senior Member
Oldest Granddaughter made A-B Honor Roll for her first year in middle school (6th grade)
DSC_0002_zps14c81fc7.jpg

Her sister (#2 granddaughter) made A Honor Roll for the year in 5th grade.

DSC_0024_zps813828d0.jpg
You can't tell it in either pic, but both girls literally had a STACK of awards. Reading, leadership and a bunch more.

So I'm one proud (step) Grandpa. Oldest has known me as grandpa since she was 4 months old, and the rest since the day they were born, so we don't hold much to the "step", I'm just Grandpa.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Congratulations to the girls!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,240 Senior Member
    Congratulations to both of them! I guess you and Mrs. Poet are quite happy.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,509 Senior Member
    They keep up this excellence and College will get paid for...Great Job.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, that's really something. You have every right to be proud of them.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,221 Senior Member
    Good for them, and for their parents raising them right. Hope they continue to do well in school. You got rights to bragging rights on those two young ladies! :up:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,331 Senior Member
    Good for them, lucky they didn't take after gramps eh?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,999 Senior Member
    Very nice
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,430 Senior Member
    Gotta be a great feeling all around. Congrats!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Awesome! Hard work really does pay off! :cool2:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,109 Senior Member
    Yes, they're the wife's biological grand kids. Both are her oldest son's daughters.

Thank you all! :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    Congratulations! When our girls were in school, we paid them $5 for each A they made. When they got together and demanded something for a B; I told them it took extra effort and determination to get an A, but I'd go 50 cents for a B on account of that meant they were doing their homework and not acting up in class. They were so smart, they had a couple of teachers tell me that it wasn't that easy - so I upped it to a buck a B.

Now my oldest is a teacher and she tells me that very few kids make the honor roll anymore - that kids lives are more complicated and she says to tell your granddaughter she did a good job!
    Mrs_Chief wrote: »
    Now my oldest is a teacher and she tells me that very few kids make the honor roll anymore - that kids lives are more complicated and she says to tell your granddaughter she did a good job!
    Thank you ma'am, and believe me, we did. Their other sister made A honor roll as well (ex dau-in-law neglected to let us know when that awards day was :cuss:

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,520 Senior Member
    Awesome! I see the older one even got Barry O's signature...tell her to be proud even so! :tooth:

Making the Honor's list is a good habit to stay with. Getting started young is the best way to make sure that continues! Attagirl(s)!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Awesome! I see the older one even got Barry O's signature...tell her to be proud even so! :tooth:

Making the Honor's list is a good habit to stay with. Getting started young is the best way to make sure that continues! Attagirl(s)!
    Thank you.
    Wife's off next week and I am suggesting we take all the grandkids that made the honor roll out for a movie & ice cream. Neither their adopted sister (cousin) nor their half-sister did, and I figure a nice reward for making good or better grades MIGHT encourage them to try harder next year.

Wife's wanting to take all 5 so no one is left out , and I'm saying not if they didn't at least make A-B honor roll :nono:

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    OUTSTANDING!!! Beauty AND brains! You are going to need bigger guns :tooth:

Well E, their dad IS an Iraqi combat veteran, and the one that "won" the shooting qual the other day.... I suspect he can handle the boys :devil: :rotflmao:

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    Tell her she's done well! Congratulations to you both!!!
    Thank you & we will :beer: