Chicago mayor pushes plan requiring all gun sales to be videotaped

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,990 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    The only reason Rohm went back the Chicago is 'cause DC wasn't corrupt enough for him!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    What Big Al1 said. I think ol' Rohm should be videotaped 24/7 even when he's in the poop chute and the shower. He's all for security, so the citizens should be able to watch him, too. Seems fair.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Just another kind of "registration" - linking guns to owners. Apparently the yellow sheet isn't good enough for these Nazis. Rahm Emanuel is the FACE of the Democratic Party. He is the POSTER BOY for that Party's agenda, its goals and objectives, its scheme of government, and what it has in store for each and every one of us.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Nonsensical, obviously. And let me guess...the video equipment would be at a "nominal" cost to the gun shop owner. :roll:

Remember the woman who stabbed her two or three kids to death a couple years ago? The media plunged into a frenzy trying to determine what her motive was and what compelled her to do such a terrible thing; but, nothing about the knife.

A person shoots a few people in a suburb and the same frenzy plunges into what kind of gun it was, where he got it from and how many bullets the "clip" can hold. Nothing about his motive or psychiatric situation.

This country has gone to absolute hell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Chicago is such a safe city, guns aren't needed right? I'll bet the dipstick mayor has all kinds of protection. What a load of horse manure he is trying to shovel on the citizens of Chicago.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,832 Senior Member
    More liberal thinking here. If that passes the city LEO will have plenty of video of law abiding citizens buying guns legally. That's really going to make a big difference. This has not a thing to do with preventing gun crimes because the outlaws will be buying there weapons from some sleeze ball black marketeer because most are already felons and don't give a fat damn about the law. This is aimed at those law abiding citizens and if they ever succeed in outlawing guns they will have a video record of who owns them so they can confiscate. This has nothing to do with the public safety.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,421 Senior Member
    Are the criminals also going to be forced to videotape their firearms transaction?
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Chicago is such a safe city, guns aren't needed right? I'll bet the dipstick mayor has all kinds of protection. What a load of horse manure he is trying to shovel on the citizens of Chicago.

There were 39 murders in Chicago on Memorial Day weekend. All that gun control seems to be working in Chicago.:roll:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Nonsensical, obviously. And let me guess...the video equipment would be at a "nominal" cost to the gun shop owner. :roll:

Remember the woman who stabbed her two or three kids to death a couple years ago? The media plunged into a frenzy trying to determine what her motive was and what compelled her to do such a terrible thing; but, nothing about the knife.

A person shoots a few people in a suburb and the same frenzy plunges into what kind of gun it was, where he got it from and how many bullets the "clip" can hold. Nothing about his motive or psychiatric situation.

This country has gone to absolute hell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

AGREED. It's getting there quick. Thanks to your government lapdogs the media.
    snake284 wrote: »
    More liberal thinking here. If that passes the city LEO will have plenty of video of law abiding citizens buying guns legally. That's really going to make a big difference. This has not a thing to do with preventing gun crimes because the outlaws will be buying there weapons from some sleeze ball black marketeer because most are already felons and don't give a fat damn about the law. This is aimed at those law abiding citizens and if they ever succeed in outlawing guns they will have a video record of who owns them so they can confiscate. This has nothing to do with the public safety.

DING DING DING. Confiscation is ALWAYS the eventual goal of government.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,962 Senior Member
    What "Lil Adolph" Emanuel does in Chicago concerns me not the least....hell, are there even any gun stores left in Chicago in which to videotape a transaction? It, like NYC, is a lost cause...think of them no more...the best we can do is contain the rot to their city limits...
    That city has been a brown stain on the bedsheets of America for decades...crime, generational corruption in every level of government , a Police Chief who threatens (in the national media) to shoot law-abiding citizens who legally arm themselves...why any thinking American continues to live there is beyond me...and judging by the politicians they elect, it's obvious that the thinking population departed some time ago. .a low yield nuke MIGHT start to clean it up...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Concerning Chicago, and a few other cities, I think Ripley had the right idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88Z7YOh_us

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    I've assumed for quite some time that my gun purchases (always from the same LGS) have been video taped, because they have functioning cameras looking down on the counter. Although they may not keep the tapes for any length of time, I always smile for the camera. :wink:
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    I'm surprised any gun stores exist within the city limits. Not sure how surrounding cities handle gun sales, seems like a good business to be in within an hour's drive of Chicago. Detroit is playing catch up, they had 36 shootings over the week end.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,797 Senior Member
    What's funny, is most gun sales are already video taped by security cameras. Do you know of a gun store that does not have security cameras?

But let the Dummycrat rage on.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Every gun store I go to has cameras, for obvious reasons. I think ol' Rahm is wanting to have all those sales recorded and have copies of sales made for the police to have to identify the buyers for the inevitable attempt to confiscate them later.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Piss on him!
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Piss on him!

:that:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    After a few decades of observation, I have decided that all neo-Nazis are not skin heads. Some are politicians in three piece suits.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,962 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    I'm surprised any gun stores exist within the city limits. Not sure how surrounding cities handle gun sales, seems like a good business to be in within an hour's drive of Chicago. Detroit is playing catch up, they had 36 shootings over the week end.

BUT..the Police Chief is telling the citizens to arm themselves because there ain't a damn thing he or his officers can do to help them...my kind of Police Chief...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"