Home Main Category General Firearms

Got a new rifle

2»

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Nice grab!...now all you need is 40 or 50 30 round P-Mags , a couple of 100 round Beta-Mags , and a flexible flyer wagon to tote it all around and you'll be all set for the Pockylips...

Do they make those flexy flyers with picatinny rails?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    snake284 wrote: »
    Hey! I squint worse than you when I shoot. If I looked like I do when I shoot all the time my name would be Yokohama or Yamamoto or something like that!

:tooth::tooth::tooth:

I dub thee Snakeamura.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,757 Senior Member
    Do they make those flexy flyers with picatinny rails?

I don't think so..but could probably be modified to accommodate...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Godzilla laughs, your new rifle will have no effect on him.

Didn't stop them from trying in the latest film.

They also tried M4's on the evil Kryptonians in Man of Steel - - AFTER the depleted uranium 30mm's from strafing A-10 Thunderbolts failed to do the job.

I always thought AR-15's were just something to keep around to use as women's/kid's rifles. Maybe Hollywood knows something we don't.:drool:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    I dub thee Snakeamura.

WOW! I feel so much better already!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Ahh but me trusty .270 will do Godzirra in!

:roll2:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    :yousuck:

Very nice.
    Finally got to the range today. I'm a happy camper! 100 rounds without a hiccup. Rifle is accurate and consistent. I used American Eagle 55 gr. and a few cheap Chinese ammo as well. I'm a happy camper! First time I've ever shot with an AR. Also first time I've used an aperture sight. Wow, they are great. Even though they are round and not slanted to fit my eye. Target acquisition is so quick. I'm a happy camper! Controls fall right in hand and are easy to use as well.

What's the heaviest bullet I can use? After all, that big lizard is back once more. Uranium depleted rounds?

Did I mention I'm a happy camper???
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Awesome! Congrats on the new poodle shooter.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Congrats!! I'm going to have to get an upper eventually for the lower I have.

What's the twist on the barrel? That's going to determine how heavy a chunk of lead you can throw accurately.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,851 Senior Member

What's the heaviest bullet I can use? After all, that big lizard is back once more. Uranium depleted rounds?

Did I mention I'm a happy camper???

I THINK S&W uses 8 or 9 twist.
    8 will handle pretty much anything you'll find in factory ammo
    Some say a 1:9 won't handle 75/77gr bullets but none of my 1:9 barrels have had any trouble with that weight

If you look, it MIGHT be stamped on the barrel either near the chamber, under the hand guards, or in front of the gas block.

And res, you did mention you're a happy camper :beer: Did I mention :yousuck: :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Jeeper wrote: »
    Congrats!! I'm going to have to get an upper eventually for the lower I have.

What's the twist on the barrel? That's going to determine how heavy a chunk of lead you can throw accurately.

Luis

1 in 9 twist rate. But the shooter hisself can't twist, tango, foxtrot, waltz, breakdance, line dance or samba. I can only do the Curly Shuffle.
    1 in 9 twist rate. But the shooter hisself can't twist, tango, foxtrot, waltz, breakdance, line dance or samba. I can only do the Curly Shuffle.

How you say "Shubby Shecker" Curly San? :tooth:
    Woowoowoowoo!!! Nyuk nyuk nyuk!
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,915 Senior Member
    :yousuck: Nice looking rifle though. Sounds like it's a good shooter to boot. :up: Are you going to mount a scope on it a some point?
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    You got yourself a nice rifle! It should stabilize up to 68-72 grain bullets with that twist rate. Maybe a little heavier. Just have to try them. Which means more range time. Range time is a good thing.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    bhl2506 wrote: »
    :yousuck: Nice looking rifle though. Sounds like it's a good shooter to boot. :up: Are you going to mount a scope on it a some point?

These old squinty eyes definitely require a scope.
    tennmike wrote: »
    You got yourself a nice rifle! It should stabilize up to 68-72 grain bullets with that twist rate. Maybe a little heavier. Just have to try them. Which means more range time. Range time is a good thing.

Dang enabler! Yep, more range time is always a good thing.

You gotta watch these damn enablers on here. They'll cause you to spend money that you really shouldn't. I mighta been a rich old dude by now if I hadn't run onto this dang forum, but now I'm just rich in Guns!!! But that ain't a bad thing is it dude. Hey I bet with those squinty eyes of yours you can probably shoot around corners,

:silly:

:roll:

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:

:tooth:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member

:rotflmao: I take my job seriously.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I want one. But my LGS only has them in .22LR.....
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,228 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    I want one. But my LGS only has them in .22LR.....

Buy it online. Budsgunshop.com sells that rifle for $630 shipped.
    JKP wrote: »
    Buy it online. Budsgunshop.com sells that rifle for $630 shipped.

He already bought the rifle.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,228 Senior Member
    He already bought the rifle.

Bobby posted he wanted one.....not the OP.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    You gotta watch these damn enablers on here. They'll cause you to spend money that you really shouldn't. I mighta been a rich old dude by now if I hadn't run onto this dang forum, but now I'm just rich in Guns!!! But that ain't a bad thing is it dude. Hey I bet with those squinty eyes of yours you can probably shoot around corners,

:silly:

:roll:

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:

:tooth:

Tlied that once. Bullet whizzed around four corners and hit me in the...uhhh...rear quarter panel. Won't tly that one agin.