Home Main Category General Firearms

New Toy in the safe

ilove22silove22s Senior MemberPosts: 1,357 Senior Member
Hey all,

havent been around a lot due to work, life and planning for my next trip and trying to downsize some things.

Here is a new toy for my safe. whats funny is that i sold all of my 223 including ammo and gave away my brass a year or so ago. So, i guess like a bad penny, it comes back to haunt me.

But to make life easier for me, i got the 9mm conversion kit for it, so its going to live as a 9mm toy. I did keep my AR 9mm SBR along with the 45acp big brother so the Tavor will have some company.

What i found interesting is that for an made in Isreal made/design? firearm, i think they must have had a blond moment. This is definitely not what i would call a "battlefield" gun with some small (losable) parts, screw, both hex drive and flat.:confused: i guess if you can have an armory truck on your six to keep it running or replace lost parts, it would be okay. But for me, its a toy like all of my other toys. And this is in my opinion a clincher for a no-no, there are socket head cap screws (SHCS) on this unit - both imperial and metric. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: the imperial SHCS is used to hold the brass deflector in place. i know that many things are made with a mix of fasteners, but imo, its not a good way to design/make things. I can understand if you need something specific or in between, but i would try my best not to design a mix master of fasteners.

one other thing about this "conversion kit" is that imo, its not made to swap in/out a lot. There is a mag well adapter that is pinned in place. No problem, except the 223 mag well is plastic and not too thick. just something else i think isn't that great.

anyway, here is pic.

I havent had a chance to shoot it yet along with many other new toys sitting in my safe, but i have to take a noob out soon so this will definitely make it out with us.

almost forgot, the 9mm conversion takes Colt 9mm mags.

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    You probably suck but not knowing what it is and no pic I don't know yet.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, congrats on the futuristic looking Bull-Puppy! :guns::guns:

Range report soon?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    :yousuck:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,861 Senior Member
    I think one of the Tavors in 5.56 would make a HANDY home defense/truck gun. Being a bullpup, it's nice and short, which is a plus for both rolls IMO.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Israel is a small country. It's easier finding things that you drop.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,008 Senior Member
    Nice score! I do love bullpups.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Thou doth sucketh largely. Nice acquisition!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Israel is a small country. It's easier finding things that you drop.

:spittingcoffee: Doesn't matter a whole lot what kind of fasteners are on a battle rifle. Other than field stripping for cleaning, if a weapon fails, the proper place for repair is at the arms depot, not out in the field. The battlefield would be a poor choice of locations to be swapping calibers anyway.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,915 Senior Member
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.