Miami Gun Show report May 31, 2014

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,894 Senior Member
I attended the show with a friend that wanted to buy a revolver. We walked the floor for two hours and found one used model 64-3 with small Pachmyer grips for $350, a stainless Ruger Security Six in .357 for $525 and a Sig 2022 in 9mm for $350, and not much else affordable in a quality revolver. We wound up negotiating the model 64 down to $325 and he purchased 100 rnds of PPU .38 special for $40 and 25 rounds of Hornady FTX for $25.00 and a nylon holster for $16. So my buddy has his rig, 100 rounds of practice ammo, 25 self defense rounds, a nylon holster, a .38 brass brush and S&W model 64 for about $440 out the door ( in seven days since he has no CCW)

Not a single Makarov in the entire show... hmmmm. Ammo was really out of control, bricks of .22 for $50 to $60, most handgun ammo of $25 a box and rifle ammo $30 for 20 rounds was common.

I could not find any Lil'Gun or Tight Group powder anywhere. Most of the guns and ammo were well overpriced.

Mostly a typical Miami Gun Show, the usual suspects and not too many bargains.

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,052 Senior Member
    I need to find a Security Six
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    A good deal on a gun or ammo is about as common as hens teeth any more.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »

Ammo was really out of control, bricks of .22 for $50 to $60...

I guess Calif is good for somthing. .22 has been fairly easy to find and not through the roof. Some of the indoor ranges have been productive in the quest. Ammo Bro's is still a rip-off however.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    FLA is a three day wait for a handgun purchase, does Miami have an additional waiting period. I guess a crime free city like that wants to keep it that way (sarcasm).

At least your friend found something for a not too exorbitant price.

These sellers are gonna have to mark their guns down here eventually, maybe not what they were pre-scare, and that should put them about 25-35 % lower than they are now.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!