Are you a meat hunter, trophy hunter, or just after whatever's legal?

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,921 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Where I hunt, the deer are plentiful and the limits are generous. I can only take three bucks in about three and a half months but I can take two does a day during that period. I generally don't take a buck unless I plan to mount it and I try to take six does a season for meat. Hogs are pretty easy to come by also but I generally try to take smaller ones at 50# or less so I guess I'm a meat hunter. I do have quite a few heads on the wall but never really ventured out expressly looking for heads.

I only have one head on my walls, but there were a few I would have liked to have mounted, namely an ex wife, a mother in law, and a couple of obnoxious neighbors,

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Meat and Trophy hunter

IMG_1439_zpsefa6a18c.jpg

Thats the biggest Wombat i have ever seen........Did you use a Lazzoroni cartridge for that......::::::????????????
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    No, just a one 165gr Serria HPBT out of my 06 and it exited out the other side. Black bears are not that hard to kill especially if the shot is place in the appropriate place.
  • ddrillerddriller Member Posts: 77 Member
    took 3 deer last season, all does, great eating. I prefer the younger deer or does for meat quality, the mature bucks during the rut can be a little strong but I would not pass up a good shot if it was presented. I mainly look for the good shot-broadside or quartering and not moving-I like 1 shot kills which all 3 were this year.I passed on a large 8 point that stood for 2 minutes at 146 yards because I had a 41 mag sighted in for 100 yds, know I would have hit him but did not think it would be a clean kill, not much use if he dies several farms away