Home Main Category General Firearms

Powerful pink ammo results

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 24,634 Senior Member
This is the photo of Tennmike presenting me with some pink ammo from Hornady:

I shot some today and was amazed by the excessive damage to and energy transfer to some water
filled milk jugs. The ammo tended to shoot low--- the revolver used is regulated for 158 gr and this 90 grain stuff is
billed at 1200 fps.

DSCN0034_zpsf5dccbee.jpg
Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,394 Senior Member
    PINK ammo?!? You?!? Amazing! :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    If it shoots low then you're all set if they're riding Shetland ponies. :tooth: (Lewis Grizzard reference)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,759 Senior Member
    Don't put the ammo in your shirt pocket, you'll never find it!!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Don't the ammo in your shirt pocket, you'll never find it!!

(giggle, giggle, snicker, snicker!)
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hide yer water jugs...NN has Pink Ammo that devastates them :guns::guns:

I was watching some YouTube videos and the guy was testing older HP ammo and almost without exception not much of it expended much going through 4-layers of denim, all clogged up and penetrated pretty deep into ballistic gelatin.

However, the new Critical/Self defense type stuff did very good because of the way it is designed to expand. I know most thugs don't wear 4 layers of denim like shootin through 4 pants legs ( 2 pairs front and back), but still heavy winter clothing can effect expansion of the old style ammo more than we might think.

And God hep a bad guy if he is holding a water jug with Ned around ................:tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    Well, the jug did at least fall over and leak out. greenstars.gif
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    If it shoots low then you're all set if they're riding Shetland ponies. :tooth: (Lewis Grizzard reference)

Shooting low? Did he shorten the barrel and forget to raise the front sight? :uhm:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Shooting low? Did he shorten the barrel and forget to raise the front sight? :uhm:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Bullet leaves the barrel faster in the recoil cycle and hits low because of shorter barrel dwell time. The 158s have a longer dwell time and hit the target higher.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Well, what do you think they recommend for shooting out of pink guns.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Well, what do you think they recommend for shooting out of pink guns.

For pink guns you need light blue tipped bullets because they penetrate. (Think about it and it will come to you)
    ― Douglas Adams
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    For pink guns you need light blue tipped bullets because they penetrate. (Think about it and it will come to you)

Mike, You are a dirty old man, that's what I like about you, LOL.......Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
    Who? Me?:roll: :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams