Home Main Category Hunting

Balloted hunting season starts tomorrow.

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,301 Senior Member
The Forest where it takes place is now in private hands...................but the new owners have decided to allow the balloted hunting to continue. Kudo's to them for making that decision.

Our organisation is working closely with them and it is business as usual................which means I have been up to the forest to mark out the hunting blocks in readiness for tomorrow.
As normal, I am rostered on for the first weekends patrol, so the jeep is packed and I am ready to go. Will take a few pics and post them when I get back.

Saw over 20 deer yesterday while putting block markers in, including a yearling that walked up to me and stood looking at me from 5 yds away with a very puzzled expression on its face. Unfortunately the camera was in the jeep damnit!

When her mum 'barked' a warning, the yearling just stood there................so I picked up a stone and lobbed it at its feet. It took 2 steps towards me and sniffed the stone!
After a few minutes ( with its mum getting more frantic in her warnings) it finally obeyed its mum and ran off down the bushline.

Am looking forward to the next few days................get to spend time in the forest, meet a whole bunch of hunters and share in their success and failures.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies