something you didn't know about gun laws.

gaimangaiman BannedPosts: 60 Member
if the cops catch you with a gun (say, seized as evidence after a shooting, or you call them about gun theft, etc, and they do a p test or blood test and find you "in possession" of dope (mj stays detectable in your system for a month) You can be charged with a 5 year federal felony. Including states where pot's legal. it's a FEDERAL charge.

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    b307f0eb.jpg
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,099 Senior Member
    Smoke a lot of dope, do you Gaiman?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    Well... you've found the political forum. Why not seek out the Clubhouse and give us your bonafides?

http://forums.gunsandammo.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Clubhouse

BTW, you need to get some better "product." Your post quality has diminished. Severely.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,210 Senior Member
    I did not know that....thank you, gaiman, for enlightening me...

Actually, every time I read one of your posts, I feel my IQ diminish proportionately - kinda like reading People magazine in the Dr. Office waiting room....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Dang, gaiman with all this knowledge you impart on us you are like a sore Tallywhacker................hard to beat!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,140 Senior Member
    gaiman wrote: »
    if the cops catch you with a gun (say, seized as evidence after a shooting, or you call them about gun theft, etc, and they do a p test or blood test and find you "in possession" of dope (mj stays detectable in your system for a month) You can be charged with a 5 year federal felony. Including states where pot's legal. it's a FEDERAL charge.

"Internal possession" is not PC in any jurisdiction for a criminal offense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    gaiman wrote: »

I challenge this statement. Since when has there EVER been a "drug possession" charge from the Feds based on bloodwork?

Just asking, as it's been a gazillion years since I smoked weed.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    Sam..you're catching on...ALL his posts are like that...
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    So if it is illegal here to consume alcohol and carry, if I go to church and dip the communion wafer in the wine, do I have to refrain from carrying for 3 days or would that be 30?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,187 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    So if it is illegal here to consume alcohol and carry, if I go to church and dip the communion wafer in the wine, do I have to refrain from carrying for 3 days or would that be 30?

That would depend on whether or not someone spiked the communion wine with hash oil.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Jayhawker wrote: »
    Sam..you're catching on...ALL his posts are like that...

Many but not all. And I caught on immediately, but thanks.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    gaiman, I think what you stated is pure-dee urban legend. But if you have some sort of proof, please post the link.

tennmike wrote: »
    That would depend on whether or not someone spiked the communion wine with hash oil.

So how long have you been an Episcopalian, too?

Remember what they say about Episcopalians, that when three or four are gathered together, there's always a fifth.

Or why they call 'em "Whiskeypalians".

• bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    So how long have you been an Episcopalian, too?

Remember what they say about Episcopalians, that when three or four are gathered together, there's always a fifth.

Or why they call 'em "Whiskeypalians".

Sounds like the catholics around here! German decent and those boys can drink! Heck even the KofC had a draft beer system in their room in the basement along with a fully stocked bar. Not demeaning them in any way just telling what they have. Nice bunch of guys to hang around.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    Many but not all. And I caught on immediately, but thanks.

OK Sam...I'll bite...tell me what he has said that has any basis in fact...I break out a copy of War and Peace while I wait...
    OK Sam...I'll bite...tell me what he has said that has any basis in fact...I break out a copy of War and Peace while I wait...

Tell me you're read that awful book W&P and I'll send praise to your ancestors. Icky book but glorified, I think, just because it's long and ponderous and 20s era literary people were all gaga about the USSR, and that has stuck for nearly a century.

Anyway, gaiman did post this in the SD thread I started about open carry:

"I've pointed a gun at guys (1 at a time) several times in my life, and I let my gun "show" another time or 2."

The fact of which is maybe disputable but the original statement was coherent and didn't contravene reality. And of course I was slammed for standing up for him on that one single posting. But as you see above, I challenged him on his thread here. In other words, the guy may be partially full of it but 1- he's not insulted anyone, 2- he's not broken any forum rules, and 3- he may be off base but if you look at the stuff said about him in other threads, saying he's an addict or insane or whatever, that's pretty damn rude, if you ask me, as he's not gone off on anybody here.

He's also said...

-Top Ranked IPSC shooter
    -Makes 100K a year doing property management
    -Jerry Miculek fears him
    -Can do everything a 45-70 can with a 12Ga
    -Shoots 1000 rounds a day
    -He can make an Armscor 1911 better than a Kimber with just reloaded ammo and a dremel
    -Pulled his gun on several people
    -Used to fire 10,000 rounds per year
    - 40,000 rds per year with the gov't model

SO...I'll take his gun pointing adventures in the same vein and with a large dose of salt...additionally he has insulted a couple of folks here causing me to edit his posts, and he has posted dangerous reloading data, which I removed...for these reasons, he's walking a thin line...
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    he's not gone off on anybody here.

Just called us punks and said 90% of us can't tie our shoes.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    Just called us punks and said 90% of us can't tie our shoes.

So he found out that I wear loafers for a reason! Least my shoelaces aren't bright blue.

Take a look at the things said about him in a couple of the General section. Kinda rude.

So he found out that I wear loafers for a reason! Least my shoelaces aren't bright blue.

Take a look at the things said about him in a couple of the General section. Kinda rude.

It's a moot point...the guy has monopolized the board for three days with his drive-by posts and utter nonsense....enough is enough...he's gone
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    He's also said...

-Top Ranked IPSC shooter
    -Makes 100K a year doing property management
    -Jerry Miculek fears him
    -Can do everything a 45-70 can with a 12Ga
    -Shoots 1000 rounds a day
    -He can make an Armscor 1911 better than a Kimber with just reloaded ammo and a dremel
    -Pulled his gun on several people
    -Used to fire 10,000 rounds per year
    - 40,000 rds per year with the gov't model

SO...I'll take his gun pointing adventures in the same vein and with a large dose of salt...additionally he has insulted a couple of folks here causing me to edit his posts, and he has posted dangerous reloading data, which I removed...for these reasons, he's walking a thin line...

Look, I can do those things too. I just don't post about it.
    ...additionally he has insulted a couple of folks here causing me to edit his posts, and he has posted dangerous reloading data, which I removed...for these reasons, he's walking a thin line...

Ah, a bit behind the scenes. Thanks.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    It's a moot point...the guy has monopolized the board for three days with his drive-by posts and utter nonsense....enough is enough...he's gone

Thank you, I lost patience a lot longer ago than you did.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,777 Senior Member

Well, that was fun.

NEXT!!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Buffco wrote: »

That's why you're still here Lil Buddy...
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,319 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I bet as old as you are, and having had that much sand in your **** for for so long....if you sneezed real hard you could pop out one HELL of a pearl necklace.

That right there is funny
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

At your 'Rate Of Fire' shooting a few rounds a year, you would have to live to Biblical ages :jester:

It's OK though Buffy, we still love you :hug::hug:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!