Swat teams

2»

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The Oklahoma City bombing was the direct result of the Waco raid, also. My brother was 12 miles away in Edmond, and felt the shock of the blast.
    Jerry

I have to disagree. It was the direct result of Timothy McVeigh setting off a truck bomb. Nothing else. Any excuse, reason or rationale offered by any mass murderer for his evil actions is inadmissible and completely invalid. And it's a lie by default. I will not allow him any justification of any kind, and I will not accept his blaming anything done by anyone else.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Very interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us/war-gear-flows-to-police-departments.html?_r=0

"The equipment has been added to the armories of police departments that already look and act like military units. Police SWAT teams are now deployed tens of thousands of times each year, increasingly for routine jobs. Masked, heavily armed police officers in Louisiana raided a nightclub in 2006 as part of a liquor inspection. In Florida in 2010, officers in SWAT gear and with guns drawn carried out raids on barbershops that mostly led only to charges of “barbering without a license.”
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!