Target under assault by liberal anti-gun group. Help needed to counter.

bowserbbowserb MemberPosts: 277 Member
The extreme liberal, extreme anti-gun group, Moms Demand, are now hitting on Target to ban guns. That would be a shame. Target is just about my favorite retail store. 5% discount for using a Target card. 1% donated to the school of your choice. If they ban guns, Target will be too dangerous. Here is Tom Gresham's petition to Target to not cave:
https://www.change.org/petitions/joh...ful-gun-owners
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    Link does not work, try emailing Target directly, [email protected]
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    I don't think you can even buy paper Targets at Target anymore, but you mean a no CCW allowed push?

Why is group doing this? Make them feel safe in a "Except fer criminals, gun free zone"?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I don't think you can even buy paper Targets at Target anymore, but you mean a no CCW allowed push?
    Why is group doing this? Make them feel safe in a "Except fer criminals, gun free zone"?
    There is no logical or rational justification for a "gun-free" zone. Do they really think an armed robber will skip over that store and go somewhere else, because he is concerned about a gun charge being added to the armed robbery charge? Or do they think a whacked out young man, who spent most of his childhood on behavior altering drugs, will not choose that location for a mass murder? This "Moms demand" group is asking Target to make a statement like Starbucks or Chipotle--a non-binding, no-real-effect statement that will put them in the news again and add another business to the list of those who agree with them on guns.

Moms Demand are not relevant without publicity. Unfortunately, the misguided open carry organizations insist on providing them more than enough material to use in their demands.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    done
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,669 Senior Member
    Done
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.