Spent the day at the deer lease getting ready for hunting

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Took my first trip to the deer lease since last year; everything was in really good condition equipment wise. All the deer blinds were intact with only one needing new carpet and a good cleaning since an owl has been making it his penthouse apartment. The feeders were alll good and only needed some corn and a couple new batteries. I wish I would have been home to feed all year because it looks pretty rough out there; the lack of rain here in Texas has really taken it's toll out there. Wille filling the feeders we saw a pack of hogs come running out from one of the stock ponds along with a deer and a coyote so there is still game running around, I'm sure they will welcome the feed. All in all a fun day out in the woods, hopefully it will be a decent season.
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,810 Senior Member
    There should be a fine for no pictures on this!!!!!!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Here is a pic from last year to hold you over, I'll get some more when I go out in a couple weeks.
    leasepic.jpg?t=
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    At least it sound like you still have some water in your tanks to help keep the critters nearby.

All but one of our tanks are bone dry, the cows have been watering at water troughs for a couple months already. If the last few tanks in the area dry up the wildlife will likely disappear.