Say it ain't so....

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,508 Senior Member
Chemical Weapons in Iraq? Saddam Era you say? ISIS knew where the weapons were?

If G dub wasn't a better than he is, he should hold a press conference, walk up ot the mic and say " I fraking told you jackinapes so", Drop the mic and walk off the stage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10910868/Iraq-crisis-Obama-may-launch-air-strikes-without-Congress-amid-calls-for-Maliki-to-go-live.html
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,687 Senior Member
    Exactly my thoughts when I saw that earlier.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    GW is too much the gentleman to do that, but somebody ought to do it for him.

With any luck, the **** terrorists will stir up a dust in those places and breathe in enough stuff to end their worthless lives.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    GW is too much the gentleman to do that, but somebody ought to do it for him.

With any luck, the **** terrorists will stir up a dust in those places and breathe in enough stuff to end their worthless lives.

Too much to wish for, sadly.

But yeah, where the heck did these chemical weapons come from?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,665 Senior Member
    Here is an actual article on the subject that's not just a headline with no details:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/sunni-extremists-in-iraq-occupy-saddams-chemical-weapons-facility-1403190600
    "We remain concerned about the seizure of any military site by the ISIL," Jen Psaki, the State Department spokeswoman, said in a written statement. "We do not believe that the complex contains CW materials of military value and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to safely move the materials."
    The Iraq Study group did find chemical munitions at Muthanna but determined that inspections by United Nations Special Commission, or Unscom, had ensured the facility was dismantled and remaining chemical stocks militarily useless and sealed in bunkers.
    "The only people who would likely be harmed by these chemical materials would be the people who tried to use or move them," said a military official.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    They think it would be very difficult for them to employ that stuff effectively.......wait a minute.......I know you need good delivery or dispersal means, but could you imagine the panic if they managed to unleash a few small canisters/vials in any major city. Just having small amounts detected would be the equivalent of say a 'Dirty Bomb' regardless of how many actually would die and cause maximum chaos.

OK why aren't those complexes being bombed/bunker busters/incendiaries as we speak if there is ANY possibility they can use or make them work against Iraqis or any where else in the world?

Were they found before and just bypassed as being not operational, small amounts not considered a threat?????
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,833 Senior Member
    Here is an actual article on the subject that's not just a headline with no details:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/sunni-extremists-in-iraq-occupy-saddams-chemical-weapons-facility-1403190600

This article says that officials don't believe they can build functional weapons from the stock pile found. Well nobody thought they could fly airliners into buildings either. Don't be naïve, these guys can do anything they set their minds too.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.