Barney Fife Meets Delta Force

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 15,053 Senior Member
This is a well written opinion piece from a National Review writer regarding the militarization of police...
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/381446/barney-fife-meets-delta-force-charles-c-w-cooke
I am not knocking law enforcement at all. I am putting this out here as a conservative viewpoint of what I see as a problem that has been going on in our society.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,259 Senior Member
    In 1776 the citizens had weapons as good as, and in a lot of situations, better than the mercenary thugs sent to persecute them. If the local JBT's are getting supplied with MRAP's, etc., it's high time a cottage industry in armored, tactical private vehicles is organized!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    this is outrageous but I'm thinking the Silver lining all of this is......maintenance bills! LPD's have a hard time maintaining the standard LEO vehicles. Imagine what one of these puppies requires!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,765 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    In 1776 the citizens had weapons as good as, and in a lot of situations, better than the mercenary thugs sent to persecute them. If the local JBT's are getting supplied with MRAP's, etc., it's high time a cottage industry in armored, tactical private vehicles is organized!
    Jerry

Stock up on Mason Jars, lids, and 12 ga. flares.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    Although the MRAPS look awesome and "off roady" it's my understanding that they work best on a hard road surface. They don't do well in sand or deeper soupy mud...

Plan accordingly?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,259 Senior Member
    Hmmmmm- - - - -quicksand!
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,558 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Imagine what one of these puppies requires!

Only higher taxes, increased asset forfeiture, more federal grants, more traffic tickets, and lest we forget; many are incorporated so their records are sealed from the public.

Home of the free or something.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand