Salt Lake City PD chief upset

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,737 Senior Member
He is pissy that the citizens of SLC are angry that one of his officers jumped a fence into Sean Kendall's backyard and killed his dog. How dare the citizens demand accountability from its employees.

The cops were looking for a "missing" child that was found sleeping in her own house.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865605868/Salt-Lake-City-Council-wants-answers-from-chief-over-shooting-death-of-dog.html

This is the video of the owner arriving at his home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSC_bvPCOk
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Maybe a big citizens' posse needs to invade the cop shop looking for a lost dog, and act the same way!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    killing a police dog in the performance of his duty is legally the same as killing a police officer - the police dog is considered an officer. why is the killing of a civilian dog, defending his home, not the same as killing a civilian?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    killing a police dog in the performance of his duty is legally the same as killing a police officer - the police dog is considered an officer. why is the killing of a civilian dog, defending his home, not the same as killing a civilian?

Read the book "Animal Farm"; it explains it pretty well.
    Animal Farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Read the book "Animal Farm"; it explains it pretty well.
    Animal Farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

Along with that, Achilles and Spartacus, the two great drum horses serving in the mounted bands of the British Army's Royal Horse Guards are commissioned Majors in Her Majesty's service.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    You never know about this sort of thing. I think it is sad that an innocent dog had to die because an officer probably got panicked when he saw a 100+ Pound dog. But this needs investigating. Sometimes it sucks to be a dog and sometimes it sucks to be a cop.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    You never know about this sort of thing. I think it is sad that an innocent dog had to die because an officer probably got panicked when he saw a 100+ Pound dog. But this needs investigating. Sometimes it sucks to be a dog and sometimes it sucks to be a cop.

The important issue here is the cop entered a fenced yard without a warrant and without contacting the home owner. He then shot the dog. The cops were looking for a missing kid that was found sleeping in her own home. Just another example of cops performing piss-poor investigation, violating the rights of the citizenry, and getting his rocks off by killing a dog.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    The important issue here is the cop entered a fenced yard without a warrant and without contacting the home owner. He then shot the dog. The cops were looking for a missing kid that was found sleeping in her own home. Just another example of cops performing piss-poor investigation, violating the rights of the citizenry, and getting his rocks off by killing a dog.

+1
    Exactly where I come down on this.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    If the ignorant fool jumped over the fence to get in, he could just as easily have jumped over the fence to get OUT. If he opened a gate to get in, then he could have exited the same way. He bugged out after shooting the dog; knew he'd screwed up and left to avoid the inevitable.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

THIS!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug