Well I blew through the gun fund today...

tubabucknuttubabucknut BannedPosts: 3,520 Senior Member
...and landed the mother load. I got a pair of CZ 455s, a kahr cm9, I am finalizing a deal on a rem 700 in .243, and am ordering a Mossberg 930 JM pro over the 4th when the free shipping is in effect. I have been hording for a while and it was time to let loose. That felt good. I have hardly bought a thing since the market went wonky before the election.
It's because I hate Trump.

Replies

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    The pressure built up until that relief valve just blew open.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    You could say that.:guns:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    WOW :worthy:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Quite the haul! I'm interested to hear your impression of the JM pro. Have had my eye on one for a bit.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,612 Senior Member
    Splurge did ya?

:-)
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Sounds like you made some good choices.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • SmithCorona03A3SmithCorona03A3 Member Posts: 81 Member
    Let me know what you think of that CM9. Been in the market for a subcompact 9mm for IWB type stuff. I've been looking at the Sig P938, but if you convince me otherwise......
    Formerly known as SmithCorona03A3, back in the old forum days
    Smith

I have owned a PM9 for years. I have liked it for what it is. I have wanted another one for some time now, because my wife has taken to carrying the one we own. After doing my homework, and reading reviews by folk who own both the PM and the CM, I could not merit an extra $400 for an extra mag, a polygonal barrel, and extra machining on the slide. I will be happy to let you know how it shoots, and do a side by side with my PM9
    cpj wrote: »
    The 455, I'm convincing myself I'm not interested in. So I hope they shoot like crap. :tooth:

I am very interested in the barrel swap system they have. I have never been too interested in the 17 hmr, but they have been available all through this rimfire drought we been in. I figure I could always buy one of those barrels and keep on shooting if I have to. The two I got are .22lr.
    Alpha

I will let you know. The 930 JM wasn't even on my radar until Saturday. I shot a 3 gun match this weekend, the first 3 gun match I have shot in 5 years, and learned if you don't have a semi auto you can't compete. I was dropping 20 seconds per stage feeding my 5 shot pump. So the JM pro is a cheap way to get into the game so to speak. I will certainly give a range report after I get it and run it some.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Wow what restraint :worthy:

any money in my gun fund is used before it gathers any dust.

As a long time 17 HMR rifle owner.....it is a handy round to have
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,330 Senior Member
    Nice lot! You should get great performance from those CZs; my Full Stock model ended up being a great out-of-the-box shooter. Only needed to check the proper tightness of the bolts that hold the barrel to the receiver (They were OK) and set the trigger spring nut to the lowest tightness option....nothing to envy to the 452's performance.

The barrel swapping system was probably designed to both reduce assembly costs and allow owners in places where gun ownership is severely restricted to have more available options with the same registered & licensed receiver. Problem with this is that you'll have to reset the scope each time a barrel is changed, but if you can live with that, should work for you.

What 455 models you got?
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    :worthy: You done good sir. Sounds like some nice choices you made!
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • SmithCorona03A3SmithCorona03A3 Member Posts: 81 Member
    Smith

I have owned a PM9 for years. I have liked it for what it is. I have wanted another one for some time now, because my wife has taken to carrying the one we own. After doing my homework, and reading reviews by folk who own both the PM and the CM, I could not merit an extra $400 for an extra mag, a polygonal barrel, and extra machining on the slide. I will be happy to let you know how it shoots, and do a side by side with my PM9

Good deal. I'll stand by. I've heard good stuff about those Kahrs
    Formerly known as SmithCorona03A3, back in the old forum days
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    :yousuck:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Man when you go, you really go all out!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,743 Senior Member
    Alpha

I will let you know. The 930 JM wasn't even on my radar until Saturday. I shot a 3 gun match this weekend, the first 3 gun match I have shot in 5 years, and learned if you don't have a semi auto you can't compete. I was dropping 20 seconds per stage feeding my 5 shot pump. So the JM pro is a cheap way to get into the game so to speak. I will certainly give a range report after I get it and run it some.
    thanks, that's pretty much the exact reason I'm interested. I normally shoot a more improvised IDPA version of 3-gun that's a bit more friendly to my 5-shot mb 500, but still a semi would be nice.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    cpj wrote: »
    I saw factory CZ barrels for $115 maybe a few bucks more at buds gun shop. That's a good deal on those rifles.
    That is why I was so interested in the 455. For $115, give or take, I have another rifle. I am sure the barrels and actions will last a lifetime.
    Weatherby wrote: »
    As a long time 17 HMR rifle owner.....it is a handy round to have

I will certainly be buying at least one barrel in the 17HMR. I look forward to giving it a try.
    Antonio wrote: »
    What 455 models you got?
    I got the full stock version. Have you shot the 452? How does it compare with the 455?
    timc wrote: »
    Man when you go, you really go all out!
    Prices have just started to settle to the point I feel like buying again. I didn't "need" anything so I bided my time. Not to get political, but their is an election coming, and I wanted to get some purchases out of the way before anything made the market go stupid again. When I started price shopping the 455s were $125 more than I paid, and the JM Pro was almost $200 more than I will pay. Now I just have to start building the fund again. There are at least five more urgently "needed" purchases to be made.
    I got the full stock version. Have you shot the 452? How does it compare with the 455?

I have a 452 Trainer in .22LR and recently got a 455 Full Stock. Using my favorite hunting load, the plain-Jane bulk-packed Winchester Xpert22, @ 55 yards with inexpensive Simmons 3-9x40mm scopes both guns have exactly the same performance: Consistent 5-shot single ragged hole groups. Don't know if better quality ammo (Like Lapua or Eley) would eventually show a difference between them, but for what I need (Plinking & hunting at ranges up to 110 yards), that's all the accuracy I can expect from them.

Amazingly, both triggers have EXACTLY the same feeling when the trigger spring screw is set at the loosest position; no need for lighter pull for me, so no aftermarket trigger job for them.

Only upgrade I can suggest you for your 455FS is to replace the plastic stock end with the factory aluminum part made for the centerfire Full Stock models; you can order it straight from CZ-USA web page and will cost around $ 35 including S&H.
    Maybe a Yodave lighter pull trigger spring kit would also work for you.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,837 Senior Member
    Go to Kahr's website and check out the free magazine promotion they have going for purchase of any C series gun. Gets you a bit closer to the PM9....
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    I would say you suck but no pics no guns. What the hey?
    Thanks for the info Antonio.

JKP I will do just that thanks.

twa wrote: »
    I would say you suck but no pics no guns. What the hey?

You see I spent the money. They are not here yet. When they arrive I will eventually get around to proving they exist.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member

You see I spent the money. They are not here yet. When they arrive I will eventually get around to proving they exist.

Forget the pics you can post them up when you do the range report............:devil:

Anytime in the next 3-4 days will do.............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    You're welcomed; forgot to tell you that plastic & steel 5 & 10-round magazines are available. I have both sizes & kinds and despite being no friend to plastic in this particular kind of guns, have to admit that all of them, even the plastic ones, perform perfectly.

Plastic-made mags have nothing to envy to the metal ones too regarding toughness (Have incidentally dropped and stepped them while hunting in rough terrain) under average use conditions. None are cheap (Around $ 30 apiece) but are very well constructed. Only "issue" with those is that when taking them apart for cleaning, you should do it inside a clear plastic bag since there's a small pin & spring that can easily go into orbit (Or inside your eye's tear duct) when the bottom lid is pulled out.