Home Main Category Hunting

I am declaring WAR on raccoons.....

2»

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,395 Senior Member
    Thanks Rich :worthy:

Ned, that's how we ended up with our pet, she managed to escape from 2 different traps and "got educated" enough to avoid small areas that smelled of salmon.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,812 Senior Member
    Mine like Oreo cookies.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    That works on a little young ****; but, a large one will take the hatch away from you and use it on you.

This is true Ned.....we had an adult **** that came into our guard shack........would sit on the chair and eat our chips and look at us like...."what!?".
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    5280 shooter brings up an interesting point: I'm not sure what triggers it, but if you work with wildlife you will occasionally have individual animals of a number of species that will throw all caution to the wind and more or less join in with whatever is going on at the time. This seems more prevalent on military bases based on my experiences. Whitetail deer, for example, are highly curious animals. I've had individual deer follow me around in the woods on prescribed/controlled burns frequently coming up to less than 100 feet away and just hanging around for an afternoon. Fox, both the native grey and the imported red are not a long way from being semi-domesticated. In fact, I have a grey fox that comes up frequently around 4-5 in the mornings when I step off the back steps to "pump bilges" (Navy slang :jester:). He/she will come up to 20-25 feet and just stand there barking at me. I'll answer the fox with a few whistles, and it stays around 'till I go back inside.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,005 Senior Member
    5280 shooter brings up an interesting point: I'm not sure what triggers it, but if you work with wildlife you will occasionally have individual animals of a number of species that will throw all caution to the wind and more or less join in with whatever is going on at the time. This seems more prevalent on military bases based on my experiences. Whitetail deer, for example, are highly curious animals. I've had individual deer follow me around in the woods on prescribed/controlled burns frequently coming up to less than 100 feet away and just hanging around for an afternoon. Fox, both the native grey and the imported red are not a long way from being semi-domesticated. In fact, I have a grey fox that comes up frequently around 4-5 in the mornings when I step off the back steps to "pump bilges" (Navy slang :jester:). He/she will come up to 20-25 feet and just stand there barking at me. I'll answer the fox with a few whistles, and it stays around 'till I go back inside.
    cool
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The deer around our place do oddball things sometimes- - - - -this little doe followed my son out of the woods and onto his back porch one evening!

tame_doe_004.jpg

Jerry
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,271 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The deer around our place do oddball things sometimes- - - - -this little doe followed my son out of the woods and onto his back porch one evening!

tame_doe_004.jpg

Jerry

Did it stay for the BBQ?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member

So you know what the fox says?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester: