Leupold rocks!!!!

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 20,564 Senior Member
I had a broken pair of Leupold Rangefinder Binos made back in 2007. Well, they stopped working. No clue why.

Called up Leupold and spoke with a tech. He said that model had been discontinued awhile back. He said that it was likely unfixable as that technology was no longer supported. But, advised me to send it in anyway and he'd see what they would do. Maybe replace the item.

Well, I get home today to a package from Leupold. Inside was a brand new pair of 10x40 Roof Prism Binoculars and a new 1,000 yrd TBR Rangefinder.

61DB7F5C-39CC-48E2-873C-980D7D580063_zps3ngco4hi.jpg

I love Leupold. They take care of folks.
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,698 Senior Member
    Excellent service.
    I also have a pair of their rangefinder bino's, 8x40 I think.............bought them about 7 years ago and haven't had a problem with them yet (touch wood).

Nice to know that if something does happen to them they will take care of you.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • U TU T Member Posts: 405 Member
    You were compensated very fairly. Wow!
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,499 Senior Member
    That's excellent. Makes me feel even better about buying their stuff.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,941 Senior Member
    OK...I worked I gun stores for 14 years. I KNOW Leupold rocks, but this qualifies as the finales of Slow Ride, Freebird, and Paradise City all rolled into one. That ROCKS! :cool2:

And yer gonna love that rangefinder!
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    I am very pleased with their service.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    It;s Leupold..........it's what they do...........but this is above and beyond.........
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
    Zee wrote: »
    I had a broken pair of Leupold Rangefinder Binos made back in 2007. Well, they stopped working. No clue why.

Really.....You could break a wreckin ball.....they were lucky to live this long................:jester:
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    One thing, Leupold has a lot of cheaper competition out there and their warrantee helps keep them in business. For one thing, how many Leupolds you know that break? Not too many. I can count on one hand the number I've seen and heard about, not counting somebody dropping a rifle scope down on concrete or something. Everything has limits. But Leupolds are well made of quality materials by skilled craftsmen and they do hold up. So what's one in say 3000 that goes south to replace? I guarantee they will make every penny of that replacement cost back with more customers because word gets around. To say that Leupold management didn't just fall off the turnip truck is a gross understatement.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Now that is service. Leupold really has their stuff wired tight.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    Really.....You could break a wreckin ball.....they were lucky to live this long................:jester:

Hush........you!

Ok.......fine! So there was a little sarcasm in the "No clue why" aspect. Though, I do not recall any one particular instance that caused it to die. Didn't even die in mid use. Just pulled it out if the case and it had given up the ghost. First thought was battery. Changed those and nada. Tried everything I could. Even read the trouble shooting directions!!!!! Nope.

When I told the tech all this, that's when he said there was likely no hope in repair. But, to send it in. So, I did.
    Zee wrote: »
    Hush........you!

Ok.......fine! Even had the kids read to me the trouble shooting directions!!!!! Nope.

FIFY...........Ken
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    FIFY...........Ken

No!!!! You're wrong!!!!

I looked at the pictures all by myself, thank you!!

:-)
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,978 Senior Member
    Cool indeed.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,327 Senior Member
    I purchased a Ventana 20-60x80mm. spotting scope set from them last year for our 220-yards rifle matches; unless under full sunlight, I can clearly see .308 hits in the black area so at least to me, excellent performance for the $ 500-ish payed. They have won a new customer for their other product lines.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    OUTSTANDING!!! And yet not unexpected from Leupold. Great company!

Couldn't have put it any better!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    I have only dealt with Leupold CS once, but I was beyond impressed.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C