Three new shooters!

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,078 Senior Member
Close friend has three grandsons, 17, 13, & 12 visiting and I suggested we go shooting. The two youngest aren't thrilled by the idea but after a safety lesson and a brief interlude of revolver handling they decided to give it a go. My buddy asks why I'm packing up two bricks of .22LR and I said not to worry, it will all be gone. Yup, that and 75 rnds of .30 caliber for the M1 Carbine and 50 rnds of .357 Magnum and five Tanerite jars!

Needless to say his youngest pauses and says, "Grumpy, we need to do this more often!" Feels good to bring another generation into the sport of shooting!!!

:cool2:

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    :agree:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    :agree: x2
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    Awesome!
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Good work.........Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,697 Senior Member
    Excellent.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Great job. I keep the class posters for the NRA basic Rifle,Pistol and Shotgun courses handy and can set up an impromptu class. After about 15-20 minutes we can head out back to the range. I usually start them with a single shot 22 and progress through all that they feel comfortable with. There is little more satisfying than getting new shooters off to a great start.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    Great job. I keep the class posters for the NRA basic Rifle,Pistol and Shotgun courses handy and can set up an impromptu class. After about 15-20 minutes we can head out back to the range. I usually start them with a single shot 22 and progress through all that they feel comfortable with. There is little more satisfying than getting new shooters off to a great start.

Yep!