Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Guns are the new cigarettes

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
This bill will not go anywhere, but this is a new approach.

This week Congress Democrats introduced a bill to outlaw the marketing of guns and gun brands to the country’s youth on clothes or by making guns that appeal to kids.

The ban which would be enforced by the Federal Trade Commission, will require warning labels on youth-sized firearms and ban child-sized clothing branded by shooting groups such as the National Rifle Association, or with of the logos of gun makers.

The bill in question, H.R. 5093, titled the Children’s Firearm Marketing Safety Act, would prohibit any person from marketing firearms to youth under 18 by setting a number of rules. These would include banning the use of any cartoon characters to promote firearms products, the making of branded hats, t-shirts and other apparel in child-sizes by gun makers, and the production of stuffed animals branded by members of the shooting industry.

In addition to the clothing and cartoon bans, the bill also prohibits manufacturing guns designed “with a purpose to appeal to children.” For guns designed with younger shooters in mind, the legislation would requiring labeling on the firearm reading to the effect of “Actual firearm the use of which may result in death or serious bodily injury” or ‘Real gun, not a toy.”

http://www.guns.com/2014/07/18/congress-going-after-kids-shooting-sports-branded-clothing-and-colorful-youth-guns/
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,092 Senior Member
    Huh, they must have paid off the deficit and balanced the budget if they have time for this drivel, cool beans.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Sounds like they're going after the Eddie the eagle program too.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,500 Senior Member
    So are we going to have to re-brand the Cricket, Chimpmunk, Papoose, etc... as guns for the American dwarf population?:roll:

Funny that they claim to be going after guns that have "kid appeal" When I was a kid of about 10, I NEEDED a 1903 Springfield on a cellular level.:tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    Why don't they label baseball bats " not to be used to injure or maim people"

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    So are we going to have to re-brand the Cricket, Chimpmunk, Papoose, etc... as guns for the American dwarf population?:roll:

Funny that they claim to be going after guns that have "kid appeal" When I was a kid of about 10, I NEEDED a 1903 Springfield on a cellular level.:tooth:

I also wanted a Browning 1919A1 machine gun, too. And a Thompson SMG.
    If those congresscritters take the time to go to a heavy bench rest competition they'll squirt their britches full when they see those custom paint jobs on the stocks of those rifles.
    Or we could just send them pictures of a couple of specialty pistols owned by a guy we know. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,802 Senior Member
    These eh-holes will put crap in the water to see if it floats.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    In addition to the clothing and cartoon bans, the bill also prohibits manufacturing guns designed “with a purpose to appeal to children.” For guns designed with younger shooters in mind, the legislation would requiring labeling on the firearm reading to the effect of “Actual firearm the use of which may result in death or serious bodily injury” or ‘Real gun, not a toy.”

Which will, of course, include all pellet and BB guns, airsoft guns, cork guns, cap guns, Nerf guns, all sorts of toy guns that fire anything, look like they MIGHT fire something, or just look like they might be imagined firing something. One can almost feel the world becoming safer...:roll:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    When the guns are all controlled, who or what is going to control the Politicians?

:silly: :yikes::nono:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.