Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Border official points gun at Boy Scout

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
I guess the border patrol guys on the northern border are pissed that they don't have the opportunity to detain any children, so they took out their frustration on some American boys.

Boy Scout Troop 111 Leader Jim Fox said one of the Scouts took a picture of a border official, which spurred agents to detain everyone in that van and search them and their belongings.

“The agent immediately confiscated his camera, informed him he would be arrested, fined possibly $10,000 and 10 years in prison,” Fox said.

Fox said he was told it is a federal offense to take a picture of a federal agent.

Another of the Scouts was taking luggage from the top of a van to be searched when something startling happened.

“He hears a snap of a holster, turns around, and here’s this agent, both hands on a loaded pistol, pointing at the young man’s head,” Fox explained.

Fox said that had them all in fear.

Ultimately no one was hurt or arrested, and after about four hours they were allowed to continue their trip into Alaska.

ETA: I know cops hate being filmed and photographed, but why lie to kids about it? He must realize they will verify that claim on their phones...

http://www.kcci.com/news/officer-points-gun-at-boy-scout-at-canadian-border/27078396#comments
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    It is sad that the "police" have become a bigger threat than the criminals. They seem to consider themselves an ENFORCER CASTE instead of the friendly keepers of the peace I remember growing up.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    In Mexico about 5 years back we were at a marina for a day cruise. We had cleared security and walked onto the dock. I noticed a pair of security officers (military) with slung M-16s. I thought they would be a cool photo. When they saw me raise the camera they struck a "bada**" pose. As I pushed the button I realized this could be a very bad idea. As I lowered the camera they gave me a little smile and wave. I gave them a salute and continued on my way. Good thing I was in Mexico!