Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Sarah Palin given a speeding ticket

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,933 Senior Member
Sarah Palin cited for speeding in Alaska
JUNEAU, Alaska, July 23 (Reuters) - Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican nominee for vice president, was issued a speeding citation in her hometown of Wasilla, court records showed on Wednesday.
The July 16 citation carries a potential fine of $154, and Palin has 30 days from the date of receiving the citation to respond to it, the records showed.
Police pulled Palin over while she was driving her black Toyota Tundra pickup bearing the license plate LOVUSA, the Alaska Dispatch News reported on Wednesday. It said the former governor was driving 63 miles per hour in a 45-mph speed zone while returning from a bikram hot yoga workout.
"I was thinking, I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying," Palin told the Dispatch News.
Wasilla Police spokesman Officer Rick Manrique declined to comment on the case, and an attorney for Palin could not be reached for comment.
Palin, since stepping down as governor of Alaska in 2009, has endorsed and campaigned for a number of conservative candidates for Congress.
Last year, she helped rally members of the conservative Tea Party movement in a failed effort to defund President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law.

A speeding ticket? OMG! Hanging is to good for her! T. Kennedy got s**t faced drunk, drove off a bridge, and his passenger died. Granted this incident probably nixed any possibility of becoming POTUS but he remained a US senator for decades. I am not a fan of Sarah Palin as a politician. She has an odd talent for saying what the media vultures love to hear. As in this case. "I was thinking, I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying," Palin told the Dispatch News. What an idiotic statement!

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    Yawn.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Yeah Sgt. I had a huge headline in BIG block letters on my homepage..SARAH PALIN, IN TROUBLE WITH POLICE. After seeing that I figured she maybe popped a cap in some Demotard's butt. A speeding ticket...big F'n deal. The leftist media will stoop to all time lows these days I guess.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,072 Senior Member
    Why are we even talking about this?
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Why are we even talking about this?

Because it's all over the lame stream media?
    It is pretty much a non event. She got caught speeding, got pulled over, got a ticket. Big woof. Happens thousands of times to individuals on a daily basis. Must be a slow news day.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Yes? And? So what? Teddy Kennedy let a woman Drown and got less publicity. The Demwitts are at it again.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,072 Senior Member
    I remember Ted Kennedy's story. It was news for a long time, actually. And had a lot more lasting affect than a 17 mph over speeding ticket.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    She sure looked good in that vette though.

Obama was all over the news when he drove a friggin car simulator last week.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Kennedy: Drown a young "campaign worker" who may or may not be his (possibly) pregnant mistress, and bribe her family to have her body cremated before an autopsy can be performed. Then apply lots of political pressure to shut down an investigation of the incident.

Palin: 17 MPH over the speed limit.

Yep, both of 'em are the same kind of scandal! RIIIIIIGHTTTTT!
    Jerry
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,867 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Because it's all over the lame stream media?
    It is pretty much a non event. She got caught speeding, got pulled over, got a ticket. Big woof. Happens thousands of times to individuals on a daily basis. Must be a slow news day.
    Never saw this issue except here.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Here is how low key she is here... I have seen that truck in wasilla and never knew it was her until reading this. That plate always sticks out when I see it in traffic
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,561 Senior Member
    I wouldn't say she's pretty so... he didn't nail it....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    OK,
    Now what?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    I wouldn't say she's pretty so... he didn't nail it....

She could go camping with me anytime.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

I could go for that. I hate cooking and washing dishes. :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    I could go for that. I hate cooking and washing dishes. :rotflmao:

She needs to bring them boots, got to have those boots.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,561 Senior Member
    It's okay, Buford. I've heard that as folks get older their cull factor diminishes. Hopefully by the time you get as old as some people here, you won't find Nancy Pelosi attractive.

And if you like Dianne Feinstein, we'll just take you out back and put you out of your misery.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Same here.
    How old do you think I am? I'm only 56 don't let that snow on the roof fool you. 45 minutes riding time 15 minutes pleasure. As to Nancy stretch Pelosie and Fienstein I'll take myself out personally just for thinking such a thing.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    How old do you think I am? I'm only 56 don't let that snow on the roof fool you. 45 minutes riding time 15 minutes pleasure. As to Nancy stretch Pelosie and Fienstein I'll take myself out personally just for thinking such a thing.

All Right Bufoird!!! You da man! I'm with you all the way!!!

Actually Sarah isn't my type, looks wise, but she is a real lady that likes to hunt and probably fish too. I mean, I'm not so picky I would kick her out of bed for eating Sardines, she is glamorous for sure. But mainly she appears to be a damn good woman.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Used to go to school with a gal whose nickname was Sardines.

Hmmm. Wonder how she got that handle??
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Eve walked up to Adam, dripping wet.

"Why are you wet?" he asked. "Because I took a bath in the river." Eve responded.

"Awwv man, now we'll never get the smell outta those fish!"
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,216 Senior Member
    Yawn.

+1
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,207 Senior Member
    "Qualifying"? What does that even mean? Is that some kind of s*** for brains yoga BS? Qualifying for what, the Daytona 500? ..........snicker...........
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,658 Senior Member
    Yawn.
    41magnut wrote: »
    +1
    +2

A MAJOR non-issue IMO.
    But it's something to take the sheeple's minds off what obummer is doing
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.