Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Has anyone from VA been to this place?

2»

Replies

• ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    Cali I have been on this forum a long time. I know I am not part of cool kids club here and I really do not care all that much. but I shall remind you of my credentials. I went to gunsmithing school after high school and have been working in gun shops in this area since 1993 including being the owner of one for several years. Working in the gun shop and being owner of one will make you have a very low tolerance of time wasters, " instant experts" trouble makers and nit wits. It was a regular occurrence at the pawn shop I worked at for 10 years for customers to bring in weapons to pawn or sell and we would work the actions and rounds come flying out. These people walked past a very clear and visible "NO LOADED GUNS SIGN"

Now I know it is super easy for you as a keyboard commando to sit in your chair and decide what you think it right or wrong and not really have a lot of experience with things. That is fine. I really do not care. But I can totally relate to the shop owners response. He is obviously sick of douche bag trouble makers that probably would never had spent a dime in that shop no matter what the situation. Good for him! If Levine was a paying customer or had over ever planned on spending money there why did he have to inquire be email? He in fact was not or ever would be a supporter of the shop. He just needed something to do to sound important.

The fact is these signs are on just about every gun shop. There is an unspoken understanding that if you conduct yourself properly in the store there will be no problem and that it is not a big deal. Levine's motive was clearly to start trouble. I am not impressed. He knew that sign was there for insurance purposes just like it is for most every shop that posts it. A smart business person does not waste time with folks who do not have any intention of advancing the profits. This owner did the right thing. Throw his out of the store. Good for him!
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I wouldn't ask him about the sign. Not saying his reply was right, just the question was stupid.

I might add that even with these signs, it's not unknown for an Unintended Discharge.

Exactly. It is stupid. If the owner is concerned about carry weapons being loaded and concealed, if you feel like you've been Denutted carrying an unloaded carry weapon, do as I have done. Remember the military's old policy on homosexuality, if they don't ask, then don't tell (Edited to Add:) and don't make a big deal of it. Just go about your business and everything will be fine.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Spoken like someone that has never owned a business. EVERY email, phone call, and web inquiry is a customer. The way you treat people reflects your business, not just the people that spend money.

I already said the sign was irrelevant. The owner simply could've replied "insurance purposes" but instead he went all a'hole. Levine has the ear of 30,000 Virginian gun owners. Like I said T-A-C-T.

Oh and another thing....

How is it you all the way over here talking about what is happening in my state when you can't even keep your own house in order??? hmmmmmmm????????
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,207 Senior Member
    FYI, New Kent is a very small town about 30 miles due east of Richmond,
    Virginia's capital city. Make of that what you will, but I do believe all sides of
    this issue have been discussed beyond my modest abilities to add anything of
    value; accordingly, I shall not engage further.

PS: See there? You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
    Shudder.......................
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Oh and another thing....

How is it you all the way over here talking about what is happening in my state when you can't even keep your own house in order??? hmmmmmmm????????

Uh.......wait. Don't forget that his "house" is now Idaho, not CA, and a cooler, gun-friendlier state would be hard to imagine. I mean, if it's good enough for Elmer Keith, it should be good enough for anyone!
    snake284 wrote: »
    Remember the military's old policy on homosexuality, if they don't ask, then don't tell (Edited to Add:) and don't make a big deal of it. Just go about your business and everything will be fine.

Not only is Snake correct here, but I'll even take it a step farther: In the unlikely event that they DO ask, lie! Say no. The shop owner has no legal right to frisk you, and if he asks you for permission to do so, say no, again. If that's not good enough for him, then take your business elsewhere.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Oh and another thing....

Twice in one week! C'mon, Matt reading is fundamental.

Now I'm going to put a sign on my shop that says "Government employees are more trustworthy than the rest of you."
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Uh.......wait. Don't forget that his "house" is now Idaho, not CA, and a cooler, gun-friendlier state would be hard to imagine. I mean, if it's good enough for Elmer Keith, it should be good enough for anyone!

Ahhhh so it is. At least I did not have to pack up and move out of state to be able to buy a gun and be walking out of the store with it in 20 minutes. O have a guy I know here that is a lot like Cali. It is always blah blah blah all the time. Just a loud mouth always looking for something to complain about. It is funny how a fella like him would complain about government meddling in business. Preach about how business should be free to do as they wish. But when they do something he does not like he is blowing up the internet. Fortunately the internet is all he has to make himself important. Making him go away is as simple as clicking the little red X at the top right....see watch.......