Miami Gun Show 7-26-2014... Sometimes the stars align.

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,856 Senior Member
I went to the show today with the intent of finding a vintage 45-70 that was JM made. I never expect a lot from the Miami Shows, because typically they are over priced on most things. I know many of the vendors because over time I show up again and again.

This first table that catches my eye, is Gun Country. Almost every show I attend he one thing I don't buy that I kick myself over. This was not going to be one of those days. I look down and see this.... :love:

02D9CF5A-38F7-4FA3-8B45-CD24E8423086_zpso9hotqo8.jpg

A used GP 100, about 6 months old, and 2/3's the price of new at $400. I look it over and decide it has come home with me... I now have a heavy duty .357 stainless gun to train my students.

Next, I pass by Airport Pawn and Guns. I have been shopping them for years, and I look down and see this, a 1979 pre cross safety JM marked micro grooved model 336 in 30-30 with a Leupold mount and rings, and a Tasco World Class scope marked on sale... $300 out the door! I have no need for a 30-30, but it had to come home with me.

60F7819F-4E01-4D33-91D8-567D42251039_zps1juyycq0.jpg

Finally, on my second go around, I spot a 1962 E. German Makarov wearing a Chinese grip, $239.00 and it had to be mine as well...

69568CBB-0715-4207-A9AD-1D46047ED6A1_zps1rtval4h.jpg

So how can this get better?

I turn around and there are Enzo ( Wambli )and Ron ( Diver43 ) there independently. We shop a few tables and I find some 7.62x54R brass with boxer primers, some 30-30 ammo and a case for my new rifle.

Lunch at Hooters with the guys ( 3:00), then home.

Without a doubt this show made up for the past 20... best gun show in a long time.

I am still without a 45-70, but now I need to learn about shooting the 30-30...

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 21,108 Senior Member
    I hate you for that Ruger.
    I want one.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,239 Senior Member
    Nice score!

:yousuck:
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Nice haul, you suck! I particularly like the Ruger. But what inquiring minds want to know is was Wambli buying or selling?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,031 Senior Member
    :yousuck:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    And you said I sucked? Dude the hoover force doesn't get any bigger than with you my friend!

Nice, nothing but nice!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    What a day!!!!!!! What a fabulous day!!!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,016 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I went to the show today with the intent of finding a vintage 45-70 that was JM made. I never expect a lot from the Miami Shows, because typically they are over priced on most things. I know many of the vendors because over time I show up again and again.

This first table that catches my eye, is Gun Country. Almost every show I attend he one thing I don't buy that I kick myself over. This was not going to be one of those days. I look down and see this.... :love:

02D9CF5A-38F7-4FA3-8B45-CD24E8423086_zpso9hotqo8.jpg

A used GP 100, about 6 months old, and 2/3's the price of new at $400. I look it over and decide it has come home with me... I now have a heavy duty .357 stainless gun to train my students.

Next, I pass by Airport Pawn and Guns. I have been shopping them for years, and I look down and see this, a 1979 pre cross safety JM marked micro grooved model 336 in 30-30 with a Leupold mount and rings, and a Tasco World Class scope marked on sale... $300 out the door! I have no need for a 30-30, but it had to come home with me.

60F7819F-4E01-4D33-91D8-567D42251039_zps1juyycq0.jpg

Finally, on my second go around, I spot a 1962 E. German Makarov wearing a Chinese grip, $239.00 and it had to be mine as well...

69568CBB-0715-4207-A9AD-1D46047ED6A1_zps1rtval4h.jpg

So how can this get better?

I turn around and there are Enzo ( Wambli )and Ron ( Diver43 ) there independently. We shop a few tables and I find some 7.62x54R brass with boxer primers, some 30-30 ammo and a case for my new rifle.

Lunch at Hooters with the guys ( 3:00), then home.

Without a doubt this show made up for the past 20... best gun show in a long time.

I am still without a 45-70, but now I need to learn about shooting the 30-30...

D

Every Hog Hunter has need of a 30-30. It was born to kill hogs. And I've heard tell it will kill them just as dead as a 45-70.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,651 Senior Member
    Nice haul, and yeah:yousuck:

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Nice haul, you suck! I particularly like the Ruger. But what inquiring minds want to know is was Wambli buying or selling?
    This. Sounds like he's been cheating on his diet.

Just give it up Wambli. You're only fooling yourself at this point. :)

Nice guns Dan.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,853 Senior Member
    Dan you did great..........a bit about this though ?

I turn around and there are Enzo ( Wambli )and Ron ( Diver43 )

So was Enzo buying ?.....LOL
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,948 Senior Member
    Good seeing you today Dan, and yes you truly SUCK. There was not another Ruger in the building for that price.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,222 Senior Member
    I am jealous, we never see prices like that in MN over a counter in a shop or at a show, I would have hurt my arm going for my wallet on that Ruger.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Dude you suck something fierce. I keep saying that a lever gun is a major hole in my collection.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,470 Senior Member
    Great deal on the Marlin!
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,856 Senior Member
    What Wambli was doing at the show is Wambli's business to share. What happens at the show, stays at the show, unless you take it home.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    What Wambli was doing at the show is Wambli's business to share. What happens at the show, stays at the show, unless you take it home.

D

So he bribed you two with some Hooters :tooth:

Hey, you did good on your purchases. :guns::guns::guns:

BC

D

Now I see how you were able to pick up 3........Moderator bribe money
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    Hey, Big Dan you said CHICOM grips on that MAK. Who would swap them out.. the seller? I have seen "Stars" on Russian Soviet Bloc pistols that were black plastic grips on TT 33s something or another in 7.62X25 caliber.

I got a P-64 and CZ 82 in 9X18 MAK, but no real Makarov pistol....BC
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,280 Senior Member
    Nice hustle :yousuck:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,774 Senior Member
    What a great day you had - I'm extremely envious. :yousuck::yousuck::yousuck:

I like all of those guns and would not have been able to walk away from such prices. :yousuck:
    Mrs_Chief wrote: »
    Hey, Big Dan you said CHICOM grips on that MAK. Who would swap them out.. the seller? I have seen "Stars" on Russian Soviet Bloc pistols that were black plastic grips on TT 33s something or another in 7.62X25 caliber.

I got a P-64 and CZ 82 in 9X18 MAK, but no real Makarov pistol....BC

Mak's are not usually gently used like more expensive guns. The grips can be brittle so being a "cheap" gun replacing with the cheapest available grips would be the norm unless you are a Mak purist collector of course.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,470 Senior Member
    You can't hide money. $$$$

Been wanting a Mak, and especially wanted one when ammo was so cheap. I like the brown grips, remind me of a pre-war PPK.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Well that explains the huge pressure drop we felt up here in Palm Beach county.............Dan's major suckage!

Congrats, you done good Dan!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    Mak's are not usually gently used like more expensive guns. The grips can be brittle so being a "cheap" gun replacing with the cheapest available grips would be the norm unless you are a Mak purist collector of course.

I cannot agree with you. I have never found a brittle MAK grip. I replaced the chicom grips with the correct East German grips today from my stash, and added a second magazine. ( Oh I suppose I am a purist... )

I think it looks much better, and it is thinner as well.

876CFE13-BA6F-468F-B838-907700AF712A_zps24yewqo8.jpg

2F3E553B-92C5-49EF-A585-28A551B10052_zpsvddntsj6.jpg

3A62E72D-246B-4F9D-8A26-B5AEE244C945_zpsuu8vxmbs.jpg

D
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Nice haul, Dan! You'll love that GP100; for years I wanted a 6" Python after blowing the chance when they were affordable. Then I got my 6" blue GP, and it outshoots my buddy's 8" Python all day and twice on Sunday!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    I have to add, that handgun is already 52 years old.

D
    I cannot agree with you. I have never found a brittle MAK grip. I replaced the chicom grips with the correct East German grips today from my stash, and added a second magazine. ( Oh I suppose I am a purist... )

I think it looks much better, and it is thinner as well.

876CFE13-BA6F-468F-B838-907700AF712A_zps24yewqo8.jpg

2F3E553B-92C5-49EF-A585-28A551B10052_zpsvddntsj6.jpg

3A62E72D-246B-4F9D-8A26-B5AEE244C945_zpsuu8vxmbs.jpg

D
    Not a knock on collectors or purists. It is just some see these, SKS's, Mosins etc as cheap knockarounds and bubba candidates and others see it as a religious duty to protect them in original form. I am sure a purist would disapprove of my SKS builds but to me they exceeded even modern guns in their new configurations. I would be looking for a threaded 380 barrel if I scored that.
    Oh, all I bought at the show was a gun case .....Empty ? or something in it ?

I know how you roll..........downhill
    It was empty... Since he has decided to comment I feel free to expand. He was trying to sell his shorty 5.56 as well. Right now Enzo is traveling and may not have a lot of time to check in.

D