I had one of these in my hands, but passed fer $200...BC

Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief MemberPosts: 292 Member
My first trip to Afghanistan at the Bazaar in Bagram. Went back later and it wuz gone!

Second trip I found another, but the seller said if I did some research and didn't like or wasn't happy with it I could bring it back or trade toward something else, I traded for on of those percussion pistols and some cash. It just didn't feel "Right"as the first one. It probably was authentic, but something didn't pass muster with me about it.

Oh well live and learn. This one has been offered for sale or one like it fer awhile. The history is what makes it worth the $$$$...to the RIGHT buyer......Big Chief

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=430370269#PIC

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    What were you thinking?? You could have brought that back and turned it into Quint's harpoon gun!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    What were you thinking?? You could have brought that back and turned it into Quint's harpoon gun!

Sometimes, I thunk, but don't think or vice versa :tooth:

Big Chief
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,942 Senior Member
    That would be cool to own.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    SOG has Martini carbines in stock for $295.00, with no FFL required for purchase since they're pre-1898 production.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/surplus-longguns/pre-1898-martini-rifle-450-cal.html

I'm very tempted to acquire one for tinkering purposes, possibly a rebarrel to a different chambering?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Mrs_ChiefMrs_Chief Member Posts: 292 Member
    Looks like they would be a good project rifle. Good price. Hard to tell the condition, but they consider them wall-hangers. May shoot just fine as they are.

Would it be hard to convert one to .45/70 for BP loads or even smokeless ? BC