Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
She has said some stupid stuff in the past, but now she needs to be drug tested.

During a floor speech on Wednesday night, Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee voiced her opposition to the House Republican lawsuit against President Barack Obama and said that Democrats had never moved to impeach former President George W. Bush when he was in office.

“A historical fact that President Bush pushed this nation into a war that had little to do with apprehending terrorists,” Jackson Lee said. “We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush, because as an executive, he had his authority. President Obama has the authority.”

It's an odd thing for Jackson Lee to say, because it was just six years ago that she helped lead a movement to impeach Bush by co-sponsoring a bill accusing him of high crimes and misdemeanors.

http://news.yahoo.com/congresswoman-who-co-sponsored-impeachment-bill-of-bush-said-democrats-never-tried-to-impeach-bush-142528358.html
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    That's Texans for you.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Stupid politicians are scary, but it's more scary to realize the majority of the electorate in their districts are even MORE STUPID!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It's entirely possible old Sheila is the smartest, most articulate person the folks in her district could find to represent them! Sort of like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Charlie Rangel, Marion Barry, and Ray Nagin! Now, that's a really scary thought!
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    It's entirely possible old Sheila is the smartest, most articulate person the folks in her district could find to represent them! Sort of like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Charlie Rangel, Marion Barry, and Ray Nagin! Now, that's a really scary thought!
    Jerry

Soooooo......................I guess what you're saying is that cream isn't the only thing that floats to the top? :uhm::roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,427 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    That's Texans for you.

Yeah Georgia boy you tell 'em, but we ain't forgot where Jimmy Carter came from either.

:yesno::silly::nono:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Iginanse be de only Cibil Rite her and her constituents will ever need. I wonder if the Mars rover ever got that pic of the flag Neil Armstrong left there that she asked for.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,452 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    That's Texans for you.

HOUSTONIANS. There is a difference.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    You're all racists and misogynists.:rotflmao:
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,563 Senior Member
    Misunderstoodgynists. We simple folk just cant fathom the level she works on.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    She works at the same level as Ralph Cramden's neighbor, Ed Norton!
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Sheila Jackson Lee is a quintessential Democrat, no different from any other (with the sole exception of Alphasigmookie) and none of whom are any different from her.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Stupid politicians are scary, but it's more scary to realize the majority of the electorate in their districts are even MORE STUPID!

She's a classic, was so when she was on city council, too. I once was stuck in her congressional district until the Republicans took over the state legislature and redistricted. Now I've got a conservative rep.

Sheila is a hoot. A couple years ago she gave a speech about North and South Vietnam living "side by side" in harmony.

You couldn't make up stuff that goofy.
    At least she's named after a couple of patriots- - - - -Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee!
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    At least she's named after a couple of patriots- - - - -Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee!
    :devil:
    Jerry

TEACH!!! How dare you, a good Southern Patriot, use those names in the same paragraph with this Air Head!!!
    OMG! OMG! OMG!

:yikes::silly::nono:

:tooth:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    A little story about Ms. Lee... as you see on TV whenever the Prez (doesn't matter who) comes to make his State of Onion speech, she's always in the "front row" and wearing some bright color dress to stand out even more than her normal corpulent self does.

She was also that way back when she first got started, and was on Houston city council. She was always making announcements and hogging the microphones.

This big Irish tavern near where I live was a huge sports venue (I tended bar there in the early 80s), and often had charter busses to the Astros or Oilers' games. One time we had 5 rented school busses for an Oilers' game, and I was on the lead bus because I was helping w. tickets and such.

Sheila Jackson Lee was a guest that day, and the bar owner took the bullhorn and introduced her. Sitting about 4-5 rows back, I piped up,

"A warning to all -- don't get between Ms. Lee and any microphone or you'll be trampled like you were at the Pamplona running of the bulls."

Naturally everyone howled with laughter, except Sheila, who glowered at me with dagger eyes. I got over it quickly, though, ha ha.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    You can clothe a puppet in a real person's clothing, but they can't move or speak without the puppeteer.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    You can clothe a puppet in a real person's clothing, but they can't move or speak without the puppeteer.

In her case, SJL is her own puppeteer. She's been a "leader" in black Houston politics since she apparently graduated college. Even in her abbreviated attorney job she was pushing herself to the front of the line. It's all Sheilah, all time.

There's a new issue that's surfaced the last couple days, when a reporter tried to get more background on her inserting foot in mouth by claiming that Demos didn't try to impeach Bush, when in fact she co-sponsored one of the bills of impeachment! The reporter called her office for background and was threatened of IRS investigations and insulted.

Naw, in her case, ol' Sheilah is the wellspring from whom the crap flows.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,801 Senior Member
    She is obviously writing her own material.

Did you vote for her, Sam?
    bisley wrote: »
    She is obviously writing her own material.

Did you vote for her, Sam?

Er, no.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,417 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    She's been a "leader" in black Houston politics since she apparently graduated college.

She certainly didn't pay attention in history class did she? Our Constitution is 400 years old! Whoda thunk it?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    She certainly didn't pay attention in history class did she? Our Constitution is 400 years old! Whoda thunk it?

Attending a class does not imply that knowledge was imprinted on the brain. It's sometimes similar to attempting to fill a bucket with a big hole in the bottom; no matter how much water your put in it, it mostly leaks out.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,417 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Attending a class does not imply that knowledge was imprinted on the brain. It's sometimes similar to attempting to fill a bucket with a big hole in the bottom; no matter how much water your put in it, it mostly leaks out.

OR....As Dad used to say "You can teach 'em, but you can't learn 'em"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    "She's been a "leader" in black Houston politics since she apparently graduated college."

I used the word "apparently" because the Houston college she attended is Texas Southern University, not very noted academically, as most of its "graduates" can barely speak standard English, let alone spell it. Sheilah ranks as one of their "top" students, so that gives you a rough idea of their academic standards.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,611 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I used the word "apparently" because the Houston college she attended is Texas Southern University, not very noted academically, as most of its "graduates" can barely speak standard English, let alone spell it. Sheilah ranks as one of their "top" students, so that gives you a rough idea of their academic standards.
    She went to Yale and has a J.D. from University of Virginia according to her biography...

http://jacksonlee.house.gov/about/full-biography
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,824 Senior Member
    These Democrats may seem stupid to us, but they are not. They are cut from the same Progressive mold, which means they are pathological liars and experts at B.S.'ing the gullible democrat public. They use their law degrees to subvert the Constitution, not to teach or support it. Why do you think most of them have law degrees?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,611 Senior Member
    Why do you think most of them have law degrees?
    Because who else knows how to put in the right weasel words into legislation other than the lawyers?
    Overkill is underrated.
    These Democrats may seem stupid to us, but they are not. They are cut from the same Progressive mold, which means they are pathological liars and experts at B.S.'ing the gullible democrat public. They use their law degrees to subvert the Constitution, not to teach or support it. Why do you think most of them have law degrees?

There's quite a few on both sides of the aisle in the House and Senate that I would put about 10 steps below child molester for what they do to the Constitution and the country.

Since my half mile diameter meteor hitting that cesspool hasn't materialized, I'm now hoping for an earthquake with epicenter halfway between Congress and the White House that measures 15 on the Richter Scale.
    ― Douglas Adams

Not even in Dog Years...

Maybe Martian years, or whatever planet this ding bat hales from!
    She went to Yale and has a J.D. from University of Virginia according to her biography...

http://jacksonlee.house.gov/about/full-biography

Huh. Thanks for the correction. Coulda fooled me.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,223 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    HOUSTONIANS. There is a difference.
    +1
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo: