Home Main Category Hunting

Where are YOU hunting this year? (Plus new pics)

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I'm not disclosing where. Only one Forum member knows where I hunt and I swore him to secrecy. But I will say it's somewhere within the boundaries of Jackson County Texas.

When I wrote this, I was being facetious because I wasn't sure I would get to hunt there again this year. But the guy's brother that sub leases my part to me told me last night that he thinks I'm on it again. I think I'm going to be a regular because I have made improvements to the place and I have not over hunted it or caused any problems. I took Wheelsman out there a couple weeks back and I think he liked the place. It's rough and tuff and wild and woolly. No telling what you'll see out there. It's in a bottom area surrounded by brush. There's hogs, deer, rabbit, coons, possums, coyotes and bob cats. There's some big deer on there and I hope this being the third year I've been on it, I can connect with a nice buck. Also, I want to shoot more hogs. We only got three this last season, although I'm still working on it. Now that my wife has started hunting she's all up in the air over it and she can't wait for deer season. This place is located on the North side of Hwy 35 between Karankawa Bay Bridge and Palacios. Actually the gate is right on the nose 2 miles North East from the Karankawa Bay Store on the left going NE. It's owned by a family that used to be from Palacios. They all live up around Austin and San Antonio nowadays but they still come down to duck, goose and bird hunt. Lots of waterfowl come there in the Fall and Winter and it's a great place to hunt ducks, geese, and sand hill cranes. But that will cost you extra. We are only allowed to hunt Deer, Hogs and other four legged animals. They lease the waterfowl hunting out for about $18,000 a year to a guide service. I think I'll stick to hunting four legged creatures.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Grizz1219 wrote: »
    Going to Africa this August... Other than that... Ny and Ma...

Yeah and you're sucking BIG Baloney's too! Man can I stow away in your baggage? What a trip! I wish you well and hope you kill a bunch.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Here:

elk3-1_zpscbb8601a.jpg
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

I went out to our place Saturday night and tried to find a hog. No luck. But I saw about 20 deer. The bucks racks are still growing, but we saw a few real nice ones. I think I'm moving my portable blind down on the South Fence line that borders a grain field. They were out there feeding on soy beans. There's a big rice field just to the South of that soy bean field and when the rice is harvested in September they no doubt will be eating the scraps out of the field up until deer season starts.

Wish I could dove hunt there, but we aren't allowed any flying objects as targets.