Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

"Impeach Obama" a scam perpetrated by Democrats?

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,559 Senior Member
So says John Boehner. He claims not to be trying to push forward with any impeachment, but that the rumors were actually put forth by the Democrats to get their people rallied so they can raise more money and get more to come out and vote.

Or it could be that he sees bad press and is trying to avoid it. That's just my thought on what it could be....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/29/politics/boehner-obama-impeachment/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    When has anybody in this administration ever told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about anything? Name your issue - it's all lies, lies all the time, and lies about everything.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,862 Senior Member
    Not lies, just a different perspective
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Impeaching Obama would be stupid. If he were actually impeached and removed from office, we'd be stuck with 'Crazy Joe' Biden as president. :silly::silly::silly::silly: Can you imagine that idiot as POTUS? :silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    .......... we'd be stuck with 'Crazy Joe' Biden as president. :silly::silly::silly::silly: Can you imagine that idiot as POTUS?

Be afraid, be very afraid! :yikes:

''According to friends and colleagues, Mr Biden wants to run - and he himself references a possible campaign to Osnos multiple times. There's just one problem - Hillary Clinton.''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-28376928

Oh! No!!!

It's the BBC again, snake will not believe a word of it. :devil:
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I doubt it's a Democrat plot. There are some right-leaning folks out there who are making lotsa noise about impeachment. And of course, the Demos are launching fund raisers to bounce off the story, Obama even making campaign speech jokes about it.

Much as I dislike his actions, Obama's exceeding his executive authority doesn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense, as I see it. And for the record, I was against the impeachment of Clinton and in favor of it for Nixon. But that's just me.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,400 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I was against the impeachment of Clinton and in favor of it for Nixon. But that's just me.

Funny. Nixon was accused of recording people, and breaking in and stealing people's private files.

And that is standard operating procedure for the Govt these days.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,068 Senior Member
    Impeachment is political suicide for Republicans in the November elections. I have not heard a single important Republican call for impeachment except Sarah Palin. Who isn't all that important. I don't think Obama's acts rise to impeachable offenses, but if he goes around congress to give guest worker passes of thousands of illegals, then it does. Not that I'm in favor of it.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Well considering that when caught lying about American guns in Mexico this regime conspired to commit mass murder and instituted Fast and Furious this is small potatoes.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Impeaching Obama would be stupid. If he were actually impeached and removed from office, we'd be stuck with 'Crazy Joe' Biden as president. :silly::silly::silly::silly: Can you imagine that idiot as POTUS? :silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly:

Of course! Why do you think Obummer picked him for his VP?

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I doubt it's a Democrat plot. There are some right-leaning folks out there who are making lotsa noise about impeachment. And of course, the Demos are launching fund raisers to bounce off the story, Obama even making campaign speech jokes about it.

Much as I dislike his actions, Obama's exceeding his executive authority doesn't rise to the level of an impeachable offense, as I see it. And for the record, I was against the impeachment of Clinton and in favor of it for Nixon. But that's just me.

Sam, according to Rush, the left and the Lame Stream Media want to make the "Low Information Voters" think the Republicans are just mean and nasty. They'll do anything to sway the vote to their side. And the no brainer is the low info crowd will fall for it. The Repubs know this and that's why Boehner and the boys wouldn't touch the word impeach with a 10 foot poll. Of course, Rush says screw em, never take an option off the table. Impeach his butt!!! I love Rush!

:yikes::nono::rotflmao:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NRANRA Member Posts: 112 Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Funny. Nixon was accused of recording people, and breaking in and stealing people's private files.

And that is standard operating procedure for the Govt these days.
    Nixon was tossed out because people he knew, helped themselves to political files of another political party ? That was the cover story. Better to leave over a tiny deal, than the real goings on that shaped so many presidential figures in that time.

Nixons hand was not in the cookie jar it was in the midist of something much larger
    NRA Golden Eagles Benefactor Life CRSO Pistol Instructor RSO CP PPITH CPPOTH RTBAV
    Glocks 19cutaway 20 20SF 21cutaway 21C 22C 23C 27 32 34 22LR 460 Glock Certified Armorer
    Nebraska Concealed Carry Instructor, 32 years CC Experience, Retired FFL Dealer
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    The Democrats sincerely want Republicans to impeach Obama, so they can have the kind of media circus they created when Clinton was impeached. Like Clinton, or any other president, he cannot be convicted without his own party voting for conviction in significant numbers. The Democrats don't have a single issue that they can point to as a success in nearly six years, the economy still sucks, and unemployment is much worse than the jacked up statistics indicate, and the American people absolutely hate what they want to do with immigration. Obamacare was passed against the will of the people, and is a burgeoning disaster, with more folks every day understanding that fact.

So, impeachment would be a welcome relief for everybody in the party. It means that no one is looking at the executive branch and legislative branch failures, and everybody is now completely free to just scream racism and hatred into the cameras, and then go play golf, or go off on another junket to Hawaii. Obama will get on camera and, with his best imitation of a Baptist preacher's cadence, make fun of all the silly rednecks who want to destroy him because he is a black man.

The Republicans, if they are smart, will simply keep all the scandals from fading away and pound away at the dozens of major legitimate failures of this president and the Senate, and call on all Americans to throw them all out, themselves.
    This is Alinsky/Goerbles 101. Make up the lie and repeat it through your puppets in the media till it becomes de facto truth. Creating crises to take advantage of is what they do. Look at Fast and Furious.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Are you implying that F&F was an invented crisis? Because there are a number of people on the border (including at least one Border Patrol officer) who would disagree.

Except they're dead.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Fast and Furious was a conspiracy to commit mass murders in the name of subverting the Constitution. The first thing the regime did was point to the violence in Mexico and say we need to sacrifice liberty. When they were caught in that lie they conspired to make it true. Can you really put anything past a regime that would do this?
    So says John Boehner. He claims not to be trying to push forward with any impeachment, but that the rumors were actually put forth by the Democrats to get their people rallied so they can raise more money and get more to come out and vote.

Or it could be that he sees bad press and is trying to avoid it. That's just my thought on what it could be....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/29/politics/boehner-obama-impeachment/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This is what Blake Farenthold, my U.S. Representative said yesterday at the Town Hall meeting here. He said the obvious, that it takes a 2/3s majority of the Senate to convict and even if we take back control of it, the Senate, the chances of us getting a 2/3s Majority are nil.

And if we impeach him but fail to convict, as it almost definitely will, then we're left looking like the bad guys. As long as the media is friendly to Obama then it's a no brainer. He also said that it was a Democrat ploy for the same reasons you stated Boehner said.

I agree with this line of thought. Fight the battles that we have a better than even chance of winning and not shoot ourselves in the foot. Unless Obama would make a big enough poo poo to piss off the media and the low info crowd, this is not a winnable fight. And he would really have to be caught with his fingers in the cookie Jar to get these dimwitted people to take notice and get pissed off. Hell, some of them don't even know who his vice president is. Of course, sometimes I wish I didn't either.

:silly:
    As far as this being an actual scam, that's questionable. I don't know whether it's so much a scam as it is wishful thinking on the part of Conservatives overruled by cooler heads. Of course the Democrats will try to take advantage of the situation, so we put the blame on them.
    Obama deserves to be thrown in jail, but it can't be accomplished with the makeup of Congress for any time in the near future.

Republicans need to concentrate on throwing IRS employees in jail, and abolishing that agency. The Benghazi debacle needs to be made public so such a thing doesn't ever happen, again, with the worst culprits involved being politically destroyed. And if that isn't enough for Republicans to chew on, they can attempt to bring some sanity to the immigration cluster**** that is bearing down on us all, along with Obamacare and a couple of dozen Constitutional issues, including the 2A silliness that seems to prevail in the Democrat Party, no matter what facts are available to refute it.

Republicans have a full plate of legitimate scandals and government corruption and incompetence to exploit. If they can't win elections with it, they are idiots.
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 381 Member

High Crimes and misdemeanors. Every appointed Czar is an impeachable offense. Ignoring Federal Judges during the BP oil spill - impeachable offense. Libyan war games, using US air power after he was told NO by the speaker of the house - impeachable offense. "If you want to keep your insurance and your doctor" - impeachable offense. I could go on.

If "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is looked at from the prism of the founding generation, it was borrowed from English Common Law, and was about people not abusing their office. High Crimes and Misdemeanors in that sense doesn't mean he has to commit a crime that's on the books, per se, to be impeached.
    Takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate to impeach. That 2/3 vote ain't gonna happen. Now if Obama were to declare himself Emperor for Life, and attempt to dissolve the House, Senate, and Supreme Court, then there is a slight chance an impeachment proceeding would have a slim chance of attaining a 2/3 supermajority vote to remove him. Short of that, it's just wishful thinking.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I don't think it was a scam perpetrated by the Democrats, but I think they exploited the suggestion of impeachment to get donations. It will never happen, of course. Can't impeach for incompetence.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    In order for it to be effective, a conviction by the Senate for "high crimes and misdemeanors" would have to carry the same punishment it did under Common Law- - - -a quick trip to the gallows or the chopping block. The term is more or less meaningless today.
    Jerry
    We're about the only country that elects a government for a certain number of years, and put up with them no matter how rotten they are. Back when senators were appointed by the state government they could at least be recalled when they acted like idiots.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate to impeach.

Er, no. Impeach means to put on trial. Clinton was impeached. But not convicted -- the 2/3 Senate vote is to convict.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, Andrew Johnson and Slick Willy were both impeached- - - -neither one was convicted. Given Nixon's long record of making political enemies, it's entirely possible he might have actually been convicted if he had tried to hang in there.
    Jerry
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,875 Senior Member
    In 2008 the dems charged bush with 35 articles of impeachment. He broke far less laws than this one.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    In 2008 the dems charged bush with 35 articles of impeachment. He broke far less laws than this one.

True enough, but doing so wasn't 'racist' and W didn't have media fealty...pushing the issue had ZERO negative consequences for democrats. In fact, hopping on that particular bandwagon was nearly mandatory for the dems.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Teach wrote: »
    Given Nixon's long record of making political enemies, it's entirely possible he might have actually been convicted if he had tried to hang in there.
    Jerry

Yep, that's the reason he resigned. Howard Baker turned on him, meaning that Republicans were likely to vote to convict.

The Democrats have no such man in their ranks - not one Senator that would cross party lines to do the right thing, even with irrefutable proof of treason.
    If there was irrefutable proof of treason, I think Democrats would. Obama has not committed treason in any way. Treason has a definition and O hasn't done that. What he has done is weakened this nation and abandoned America's place in the world. It's sad and pathetic, but it ain't treason.
    Er, no. Impeach means to put on trial. Clinton was impeached. But not convicted -- the 2/3 Senate vote is to convict.

Christ on a crutch! Picky, picky, picky!

Cliff's notes on impeachment:

House votes on Articles of Impeachment.

Simple majority vote on any of the Charges of Impeachment will result in the President being 'impeached', or indicted.

Senate receives Articles of Impeachment from House.

Senate sets up rules and procedures for trial.

A trial will be held. The President will be represented by his lawyers. A select group of House members will serve as "prosecutors." The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will preside with all 100 Senators acting as the jury.
    The Senate will meet in private session to debate a verdict.

The Senate, in open session, will vote on a verdict. A 2/3 vote of the Senate will result in a conviction.

The Senate will vote to remove the President from office.

The Senate may also vote (by a simple majority) to prohibit the President from holding any public office in the future.

Clear enough, or do I need to include pictures?
    ― Douglas Adams