Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Government "creating" jobs

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
When will the government realize that it is not the job of the government to "create" jobs? It is the job of the government to get the H-E-double-hockey-sticks out of the dadblamed way so businesses can hire people. So entrepreneurs can get loans and open new businesses and hire people. The government isn't the solution; it's the PROBLEM! Always has been.

The new national health care bill has done more to stifle the recovery than most anything else, with the exception of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Hard to hire new people when you don't know the burden of cost the government is about to ram down your throat.

There hasn't been a "government of the people, by the people, and for the people" since George Washington left office.
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Isnt the gov't "creating jobs," just another way of saying.... "Hey we are gonna tax you more to start unneccessary gov't positions"???
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    No argument here.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The new national health care bill has done more to stifle the recovery than most anything else, with the exception of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

The hospital I work for just broke off negotiations with a large health-care corporation to merge, among the benefits were to be better health insurance for employees (ours is acknowledged by doctors and enrollees alike as a joke in most areas) and a more substantial financial base to cushion hard times. Talks were "mutually discontinued" in part due to the huge uncertainties about the impact of health care reform on the industry at large and the entities in particular. According to the official memos and press release, the dithering in Congress over some of the details of how and how much Medicare/Medicaid providers will be paid for their services was a huge question mark.

I don't disagree that health care NEEDED reforming on some level, I just don't think government is the group to do it. It scared the pants off me when Pelosi opined that "we just have to pass it to find out what's in it" - apparently we STILL have no idea of the full ramifications of Obamacare.
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    There IS something the government could do right now, and that's to pass a "free trade" agreement with South Korea, Columbia and Panama, an agreement that's been gathering dust because the Obama administration is demanding that another worker benefit program go along with the treaty, one that would benefit workers who lost their jobs because of international trade problems, another multi-billion give-away program.
    There is no doubt that the proposed treaty would benefit our business world by putting us on even footing in competitive international markets. Yet the adminsistration does nothing. Here's a link to an article in Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/garyshapiro/2011/05/18/free-trade-for-innovation/
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Agreed Tennmike. Most people just do NOT understand that Gov't's intended role is to be as small and unobtrusive as possible while providing for the common defense, and such regulation & adjudication as necessary to promote good business practices.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug