Home Main Category Hunting

My new bow FINALLY

WORLD TWORLD T MemberPosts: 262 Member
After doing a lot of research, I finally decided on a new Bowtech Carbon Knight bow. This thing weighs 3.2 lb empty and shoots GREAT.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/productBreakdown?r=products_products&i=49

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    That's a dandy right there. Good luck in the deer woods.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Very nice. I think you're going to like the light carry weight. I have a 3.6 lb. Hoyt Carbon Element G3 that is superb in the field. It takes some getting used to as the lighter bows are simply not as forgiving if you have a tendency to push at the last second before release or toque your hand. The physics dictate that those kind of errors can't be offset by the weight of the bow as well as a heavier one, BUT this also forces you to eliminate those errors, which is a plus.

I presume you got a chance to shoot it. How do you like it? I have never handled a Bowtech an am curious.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • WORLD TWORLD T Member Posts: 262 Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Very nice. I think you're going to like the light carry weight. I have a 3.6 lb. Hoyt Carbon Element G3 that is superb in the field. It takes some getting used to as the lighter bows are simply not as forgiving if you have a tendency to push at the last second before release or toque your hand. The physics dictate that those kind of errors can't be offset by the weight of the bow as well as a heavier one, BUT this also forces you to eliminate those errors, which is a plus.

I presume you got a chance to shoot it. How do you like it? I have never handled a Bowtech an am curious.

I really like this bow. I have only shot it at 30 yards while sighting it in. It's way more accurate than I am. I can put three arrows into the size of a quarter. If I were your age, :) I could shoot better. I looked at the Carbon Element. The price was $350 ish more expensive. This will work for what I need to do with it. My brother shoots a Mathews bow. He can shoot his bow accurately to 100 yards. I didn't believe him until he showed me. I will push this bow to 50 yards and call it a day.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,602 Senior Member
    Good choice. I'm on my third Bowtech. I've shot that one, and its awesome!

Six-gun, we should shoot bows sometime.