Home Main Category Hunting

Pics from Grizz1219's African Safari

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
Quotes come from the description be each photo in the email he sent.

Black Wildebeest, Shot him at 290 yards…
image003_zps5e83f1e3.jpg~original

The couple with us, Jeff and Terry, asked me to shoot an Ostrich if I had the chance.. Jeff was bow hunting and never saw one… Biggest “turkey” I’ve ever killed… LOL.. Shot him at 125 yards..
image004_zpsf737c643.jpg~original

This is the Kudu bull I got, 52”, he was the biggest bull they’ve taken this year so far.. Shot him at 75 yards..
image002_zps8d69601f.jpg~original

Sally’s Red Hartebeest, she shot him at 210 yards, this is the second fastest antelope in Africa and we saw it in action MANY times.. And yes.. I made sure we had a sign after the zebra deal…
image005_zps543d524f.jpg~original

Sally had a bang up day, same day she shot the Red Hartebeest, then she shot this impala.. She was on fire that day… LOL.. Shot him at 80 yards and dropped him where he stood..
image006_zps1e8cddcb.jpg~original

We got back after Sally’s impala and we had time for a quick afternoon hunt. Took this huge Blue wildebeest at 40 yards. My PH Walla (Professional Hunter or guide) was shocked when I dropped him in his tracks, he told me to reload because “they never go down like that”… LOL… When we got to him he couldn’t believe how big he was… When they finally measured him, if I entered him into the record books he would be #64 in the world..
image008_zps238b3b24.jpg~original

Some people know when I take an animal I will always put my Dad’s old watch on it.. To me it symbolizes him getting to put his hands on it.. I don’t usually take a pic of it.. It’s just something I do for me.. But Sally was there and took this pic.. This is where I actually shot him.. Walla wanted to move him to a better place for pics so he went back and got 3 skinners to help load him into the truck… It took all of us to get him in..
image009_zps96c6aa77.jpg~original

Sir, it looks like you have a keeper.
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Thanks for posting them.. and yes.. she is a keeper for sure!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,888 Senior Member
    Great hunt I bet
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Scott it is amazing what you can do with no fences :up:

congratulation to both you and Sue :wink:

Nice looking animals Bud.

with a chalkboard behind her that's the best you could do ?
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    What barrels and calibers did you take for the TC?
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,417 Senior Member
    Amazing....and I hate you...kinda,sorta...Thanks for sharing your trip with us...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    I used my 338 WM with Federal Fusion 225 grainers, the wife took the 25-06 barrel for hers and used Federal Fusion 120 grainers... There were 3 dropped in their tracks and 3 went a little bit.. great results though..
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,427 Senior Member
    Grizz1219 wrote: »
    I used my 338 WM with Federal Fusion 225 grainers, the wife took the 25-06 barrel for hers and used Federal Fusion 120 grainers... There were 3 dropped in their tracks and 3 went a little bit.. great results though..

This is fantastic! I'm happy for you both. That would be a dream hunt for me.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    It is our "Last Hoorah"... We are now striving to save to buy land in Wv to retire to... Got a few things to pay off then we wil lbe looking if all goes well with our jobs..
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,205 Senior Member
    You are living my dream. You both suck!

Awesome pics. Look forward to reading up on all the details when you get time. You are keeping a diary.....aren't you? :wink:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,238 Senior Member
    Oh yeah you are living the dream there, great pics! Congrats on an awesome hunt!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,299 Senior Member
    Grizz1219 wrote: »
    It is our "Last Hoorah"... We are now striving to save to buy land in Wv to retire to... Got a few things to pay off then we wil lbe looking if all goes well with our jobs..

West By God Virginia? You will have to stop showering and brushing your teeth to fit in there..... :eek:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    West By God Virginia? You will have to stop showering and brushing your teeth to fit in there..... :eek:

You know the tooth brush was invented in West Virginia don't you???
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Great pics of some great hunts. All that practicing you posted about paid off in spades. Thanks for sharing. It's very cool you're wife shares your hunting passion. My wife hunts as well and it is my considered opinion that a wife makes the most agreeable of hunting companions.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    The West Virginia Law of Relativity: You can Marry Your Cousin But Your Sister Has Got to be Commonlaw.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Looks like a sensational trip with some superb specimens taken. Wonderful hunt!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,417 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    You know the tooth brush was invented in West Virginia don't you???

That's why it's called a tooth (singular) brush....if it was invented anywhere else it would have been a teeth brush....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    That is just awesome! I want to tell you just how jealous I am but the right words just escape me. Fantastic pics!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    Amazing! Africa is tops on my bucket list.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,136 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    That's why it's called a tooth (singular) brush....if it was invented anywhere else it would have been a teeth brush....

SNAP!!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,136 Senior Member
    Awesome trophies.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    Looks like lots of good eating, congrats on the Blue Wildebeasst.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,801 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Looks like lots of good eating, congrats on the Blue Wildebeasst.

Yes...for the natives.

Great hunt!
    Yeah.. I know Wv.... It's the closest red state to Ma that I can still drive home if my kids need me though... And I am already married so I don't have to worry there... LOL.. and My teeth are just fine.. ;-)
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Yes...for the natives.

Great hunt!

I assume you get fed some...
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,806 Senior Member
    Nice pics and good job :worthy:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,801 Senior Member

Yeah, but I would never get over having to leave all that meat behind. :silly:
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    Great hunt and pics, thanks for sharing.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member

I would want to try it! I will eat almost any critter once.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    It's really all you eat except for breakfast... they age the meat 2 days and then cook it up... Feeding 12-15 people uses a lot of that meat on the smaller game for sure..
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,427 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    You are living my dream. You both suck!

Awesome pics. Look forward to reading up on all the details when you get time. You are keeping a diary.....aren't you? :wink:

Your dream? What pray tell are you mumbling about ol' man? You already live in a sportsman's paradise! I would give my left testicle to hunt in either place. I love those big fluffy lookin' Ducks y'all have there. And all those different deer? Man and fish to boot. Oh well, I forgot, familiarity breeds contempt, LOL!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.