Ah, Texas justice can be swift

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Here's a story from today's Houston Chronicle. I especially like "alleged" burglar and that both the man & wife have concealed carry licenses:

An alleged burglar died Monday morning in a shooting when a homeowner's neighbors opened fire on the suspect at a house in east Harris County.

The shooting occurred about 2 a.m. in the 300 block of Lakeside Drive in the Channelview area, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said the residents had recently moved away from the home and asked their neighbors to watch the house, which was vacant. The neighbors, deputies added, heard a security alarm alert them of a possible break-in at the home.

The husband and wife, who each have a license to carry a concealed handgun, each grabbed a gun and searched the home. They found a door open between the garage and the house and then a bathroom door in a bedroom locked. They announced their presence. When they opened the door, the suspect rushed out, knocking the woman into furniture. The woman and her husband opened fire on the suspect, who ran from the home.

Deputies said the man collapsed in the front yard. He was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital, where he later died. He has not yet been identified.

Deputies said a Harris County grand jury is expected to determine what, if any, charges will be filed in the case.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Replies

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,475 Senior Member
    Can't say I would have 'investigated' - especially since the house was vacant. Let the PD handle that one.......
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That's what good neighbors do- - - -watch out for each other. Any community where they don't is not a good place to visit- - - -let alone live there!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,710 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    That's what good neighbors do- - - -watch out for each other. Any community where they don't is not a good place to visit- - - -let alone live there!
    Jerry

:that::agree:

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Now that's what I call a cooperative marriage!
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Jerry

Agreed. The owner had asked the neighbors to keep watch. And they did. Exactly the right Texas behavior (and behavior of course elsewhere)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,624 Senior Member
    Hope they didn't have to shoot a lot- boolits are exspensive now a days...
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Me and my neighbors have a shoot strangers when nobody is home agreement as well.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Don't see exactly how having a ccw permit was relevant to the story since they are not needed to carry on private property. A happy ending anyway.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    justin10mm wrote: »
    Don't see exactly how having a ccw permit was relevant to the story since they are not needed to carry on private property. A happy ending anyway.

Not so relevant as fun that both hubbie and wife share similar interests, is all.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Well, I hope for the couple's sake the dead guy ain't a black teen who was on his way from a strong arm robbery to teach a class at vacation bible school.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Well, I hope for the couple's sake the dead guy ain't a black teen who was on his way from a strong arm robbery to teach a class at vacation bible school.

LOL Ain't that the truth!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Jerry

Amen. There would be a LOT less burglary if this happened more often.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug