Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Coming to California!

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Home invasion? Burglary? Need your gun?

Don't see that happening any time soon. Why would you have your handgun in a lock box anyway?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Don't see that happening any time soon. Why would you have your handgun in a lock box anyway?

Well, I certainly hope it never gets that far. Some politicians actually advocate that all guns should be locked up where the GOVT controls your access. Also, it wasn't very long ago that "Computer Chip" crap came out where guns could be enabled/disabled by a central control room, even whole grids (neighborhoods) blacked out for "Safety". So, I don't thunk it actually is close, but never underestimate the gun grabbers. The technology is already here, trust me.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member

I hope and pray that this never happens here in the USA... Although the technology is here for this kind of thing.... I never have kept my handguns in a lock box, and I certainly don't have any intensions of doing so in the future, regardless of what laws are passed are ever passed... this video should get gun owners stired up a bit... It did me!!! the video makes a good point. a Locked firearm without quick acess to it is a recipe for innocent people to die during a crime!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more cynical note the hologram show acess fee of 14.00 dollars,,, A little high don't ya think?!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spittingcoffee:
    "It is what it is":usa:

Coming to California!............... and to your state too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

In Florida, if you have any minor children living in your home, it's against the law to have any firearms with the firing mechanism accessible. You have to have a trigger lock or a lock box of some sort. Lots of people that have kids keep their pistol in a lock box with a button activated combination lock. It only takes a second or two to open them and the buttons are set so that you don't have to look at them to work them. Some people without kids even use them so that burglars can't access their weapon. They are usually made so that they can be bolted down to something like the back of a piece of furniture or a wall. A real determined burglar with a prybar will still get it but it will be out of reach to the typical "smash and grab" type of burglar.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    In Florida, if you have any minor children living in your home, it's against the law to have any firearms with the firing mechanism accessible. You have to have a trigger lock or a lock box of some sort. Lots of people that have kids keep their pistol in a lock box with a button activated combination lock. It only takes a second or two to open them and the buttons are set so that you don't have to look at them to work them. Some people without kids even use them so that burglars can't access their weapon. They are usually made so that they can be bolted down to something like the back of a piece of furniture or a wall. A real determined burglar with a prybar will still get it but it will be out of reach to the typical "smash and grab" type of burglar.

Hey Fisheadgib, I ain't disputing your word or trying to argue Florida state law with ya, but I can't understand how any state can mandate and enforce a law like that. Perhaps you can enlighten me on how this law is enforced. I don't agree with any state requiring a gun owner to keep a handgun in a locked box. MY stance comes from the olden days when Dad simply kept his hangun on the top closet shelf of his and mom's bedroom and we kids,( Me, my older sister, and two younger brothers) knew darn good and well not to EVER play with, retrieve, or mess with Dad's gun. As a matter of fact we didn't keep any firearms locked up ever. The problem I see today is not in safety, but rather there is no responsibility being taught to our modern day kids and children. I ain't saying everyone is guilty of this, but it sure looks like the problem to me... As far as burglars not being able to gain access to the weapon I can see that, but wouldn't a burglar, just grab the box and run with it? And maybe at some later time if he/she was not caught at the moment, try to break the box and retrieve the weapon?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,611 Senior Member
    The law doesn't get enforced unless:
    1. They're searching your home for something else and discover the condition.
    2. There is a shooting involving a child and he or she was unsupervised with easy access to a firearm.

Otherwise, it's "don't ask, don't tell."

Of course you could just have all your handguns except for your carry gun in a safe, and use the carry gun for your nightstand gun. If it's on you, it's kinda hard for the kiddos to get to.
    Overkill is underrated.