Mutiple impacy bullets

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,578 Senior Member
My wife taped this from a TV show she was watching, interesting concept , anyone have any experience with these.

www.mibullet.com

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Grape shot .........good idea for Cannons.......but a stupid idea for defense use...5 bucks a round.they can keep 'em..Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Those things sort of sound like a P.T Barnum Special ("There's a sucker born every minute!") If things have deteriorated to the point it's necessary to shoot, I don't want to "inflict pain, bruising, and minor lacerations"- - - - -I want to blow the guy out of his shoes! That approach sounds sort of like our current policy for dealing with terrorists. Maybe they should call that stuff "ammo for liberals"!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,599 Senior Member
    Yep. We talked about these awhile back. I think lack of penetration would be their downfall........

Advanced-Ballistics-Concepts-MI-Bullet.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Not grape shot, more like chain shot. Still a stupid idea in anything less than a 12 pounder.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Most new fishing lures are designed to catch fishermen. The same thought pattern went into the development of these rounds. The idea of self defense is to immediately halt aggression towards your self or another. In order to accomplish that goal, you need a projectile that will expand to approximately 1 1/2 times its starting diameter, and enough weight and velocity to penetrate through a major nerve center or cardio-vascular center. A design such as this will not accomplish that goal. My .45 acp 1911 Colt is loaded with 230 grain Winchester Black Talons and my 9mm Browning Hi-Power is loaded with 147 grain Winchester Black Talons. Both of these should accomplish that goal. Keep yer powder dry........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,099 Senior Member
    Not grape shot, more like chain shot. Still a stupid idea in anything less than a 12 pounder.

Maybe somebody heard the phrase "take the wind out of their sails" and took it literally.

This is not the dumbest thing I've ever seen, but it is the dumbest thing I've seen over the last week.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    Thanks, but no thanks.
    They basically took the old idea of crimping split-shot onto a piece of piano wire (or an old guitar string) updated it and also made it applicable to handgun ammo.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.