CCW & National reciprocity

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
I think the issue of reciprocity has fouled up due to trying a legislsative solution.

The Emergency medical services experienced the same dilemma years ago, each State licenses
Emergency medical technicians, EMT basic - EMT-P, Paramedic, but you could only work in your original State license, until voluntary National registry was adopted at the State level.

Now as far as CCW and National reciprocity, the hold up has been the different criteria each State has, Washington State has no training or proof of competency as in live shooting, Oregon has training but no live fire, and other States have training and live fire.

Some people may not want National reciprocity , but a way to achieve it is to settle on a training class the toughest States will approve, the States with lower requirments should also accept.

Then the States Authority people ( incorrectly called States rights) will be satisfied as well.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Some people may not want National reciprocity , but a way to achieve it is to settle on a training class the toughest States will approve, the States with lower requirments should also accept.
    Then the States Authority people ( incorrectly called States rights) will be satisfied as well.

WRONG. The solution is not mandated training and licensing. That would be an insurmountable infringement of the 2nd Amendment for many who couldn't afford either the time or money for training. It's already outrageous that many states actually charge a fee for issuing a concealed carry permit. What kind of a scam is that? They don't charge me to vote, to speak, publish, protest, or to worship.

The solution is to vote in a conservative government, appoint and confirm conservative judges and justices, and return to Constitutional government. As God and the Founding Fathers intended. And that means the Congress, administration and Supreme Court recognize the Bill of Rights as it is written. No 'interpretation' required. And that means nothing less than nationwide Constitutional Carry. Just like it is in Vermont, Alaska, Wyoming, Arizona, and to a (unreasonably) limited extent in Oklahoma, Idaho, Montana, New Hampshire, and New Mexico.

No more background checks, fees, licenses, training, or other infringement of our essential freedom. This Administration has waged war on several essential liberties - on religious rights, property rights, and the 4th Amendment, and has corrupted several branches of the civil service to persecute its opposition - especially the IRS and the EPA.

More than the several states settling on tyrannical regulations of reciprocity, I would rather see millions of Americans ignore the law, and in patriotic, revolutionary civil disobedience start carrying at their discretion. Far too many for the police to handle or the courts to prosecute. There is glorious precedent -the people defeated Prohibition, most Blue Laws, and by initiative and referendum, negated much of the war on drugs by enacting the lawful recreational (medicinal-LOL) use of marijuana. We, as a free people, need to move on to restore gun rights, the right to gamble, the right to privacy, and so forth.

"The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government." - Thomas Paine
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    I'm actually surprised that the Left doesn't allow Reciprocity....just think of all the "registered" gun owners they'd have a list of immediately......glad they're stupid!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I think the people that may oppose CCW, once It is passed
    may hypocritically get one ala Diane Fienstein
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996