Brownells Emails

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,165 Senior Member
I signed up for Brownell's emails so I can know what specials they have and get the WebBench updates.

But lately they've been pushing the survivalist section of their merchandise. Anyone else noticed it? Any ideas WHY they feel compelled to hawk this stuff? The way some emails are structured we're going to have Red/Brown/Yellow/Decayed Dawn any day...
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    The industry over all is slowing down perhaps? I've noticed soft sales on GB lately and inventory is WAY up.

So they are trying what they can to survive. Heck, we're hurting too and trying other avenues for revenue.
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Heck, we're hurting too and trying other avenues for revenue.

So I should expect to see a "Free AR15 With Every Weedeater Purchased" offer at the Buffy Barn soon? :jester:

(Sorry Buff, my brother runs a business that he inherited from our Father and I know times are tough.)
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,165 Senior Member
    I can understand diversifying. But titling an email:
    Select Your Emergency Foods For WHEN (Not IF) You Need Them
    That's trying to push a fear button.

They sent me one about "getting ready for the storm." Great if you're on the coast, but I wonder if anyone in Kansas or Nebraska got it?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,070 Senior Member
    September is National Preparedness Month.

http://www.ready.gov/september

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I can understand diversifying. But titling an email:
    Select Your Emergency Foods For WHEN (Not IF) You Need Them
    That's trying to push a fear button.

They sent me one about "getting ready for the storm." Great if you're on the coast, but I wonder if anyone in Kansas or Nebraska got it?
    I'd try to scare the crap outta you if I stood a chance to sell you something.

Your grass is not only growing, IT'S PLOTTING YOUR DEMISE!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ....... trying other avenues for revenue.

Celebrity Garden Gnomes?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSWJ7mmxnaInvDqU0sbXVSQsDTnQ1QRu3i6ZyKaw-wYwzL6Yr6eg

Guess Who?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,757 Senior Member

Do you sell flamethrowers?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,181 Senior Member

Just tell them that snakes like taller grass, and if they don't keep it mowed that the rattle headed copper moccasins will lie in wait and attack in brigade strength. :up:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,727 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Just tell them that snakes like taller grass, and if they don't keep it mowed that the rattle headed copper moccasins will lie in wait and attack in brigade strength. :up:

That right there makes me want to hire a lawn man instead of doing it myself!!

I have noticed the same thing, seems they come daily lately. I take a quick glance and delete them. My guess is that the back ordered stuff has come in right when things are slowing down and they need to get it out of their inventory. Gun shops have guns and ammo, Walmart has ammo, BassPro even had a pretty stock of .22lr ammo the other week. Wambli and Bigdan posted about getting some. I made my way there and got the limit on Saturday, went back Sunday with the wife to get some more and its all gone. People are buying, just not being crazy about it.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,181 Senior Member
    I get those E-mails from Brownell's, too. I guess that manufacturing has caught up, and demand is dropping. Panic buying may be slowing down now, also, and everybody may be getting more incoming stock than they can move. .22LR is still unobtainium around these parts, though; when that changes then I'll say the drought is finally over.

I still get E-mails from Cheaper Than Dirt; their ammo prices are coming down on some stuff, EXCEPT .22 rimfire rounds. Their AR uppers and accessories are still WAY out of reason.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,735 Senior Member
    Biggest mistake I ever made was getting a Basspro card last year when I attended the SE.
    Receiving emails from them every 2nd day certainly fills up your inbox quick................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,181 Senior Member
    I get the same stuff from Brownells and Sportsman's Guide.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,757 Senior Member
    I get the same stuff from Brownells and Sportsman's Guide.

And MidwayUSA... and CDNN.... and Cabelas...
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    I signed up for Brownell's emails so I can know what specials they have and get the WebBench updates.

But lately they've been pushing the survivalist section of their merchandise. Anyone else noticed it? Any ideas WHY they feel compelled to hawk this stuff? The way some emails are structured we're going to have Red/Brown/Yellow/Decayed Dawn any day...
    No, I just noticed ammo sales
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    Celebrity Garden Gnomes?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSWJ7mmxnaInvDqU0sbXVSQsDTnQ1QRu3i6ZyKaw-wYwzL6Yr6eg

Guess Who?

Two English Cricket fans? :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,341 Senior Member
    Midway is getting pretty hot and heavy with the emails. Like two a day! It only used to be twice a week. I did find the Brownell's email titles interesting before I deleted them without reading them along with the Midway ones. I get bombarded with them so much anymore, I don't bother looking unless I decide I want to order something.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    And MidwayUSA... and CDNN.... and Cabelas...

I get carpet bombed by all of them. Midway, Brownells, Natchez, Midsouth, And some others I can't think of right now. I even get some of their paper catalogs. I really don't mind. They're all just trying to make a living. Plus they often offer a deal on something I was going to order anyway.

It seems to me the scope makers are really offering deals right now and Midway has free shipping on tons of stuff.

Which reminds me I need to order some stuff.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Two English Cricket fans? :tooth:

Indeed they are.

Well spotted that man. :up:

Our Kate, pregnant again and Her prince ............ alas not our Buffy. :tissue:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

I say more power to them. Go fer it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

A snake in the grass is even worse than a snake on a plane! :jester:
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    A snake in the grass is even worse than a snake on a plane! :jester:

That Mile High Club scene in the plane bathroom with that young couple looked painful..................