Home Main Category General Firearms

Franchi shotguns

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 2,035 Senior Member
I think I need a new shotgun....looking at an autoloader...

Was at Scheels yesterday and saw a Franchi for about $650.00. Does anyone have experiences with Franchi? My other choice would be the Remington 11-87....it looks like the sister gun to the 870 Express?

Any input would be great.
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 807 Senior Member
    Kones Korner is having an upcoming sale. Check them out maybe they might have a deal.

The 11-87 would be my choice between the two
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    I've had the 11-87 since I turned 18, and in the 20 plus years since then, never had an issue. Great gun.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    The Franchi's are sweet, I have heard good things about them but have no first hand experience with them.
    The 11-87, can't go wrong it is a great gun, no problems with mine or my sons in many years, just keep it clean would be my biggest suggestion with autoloading shotguns.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I have an older Franchi 20 ga. semi auto that I've shot a good bit, and have shot the older 12 ga. ones. They are well built and I haven't had any trouble with mine. I shot mine quite a bit dove hunting, and the shooting was fast at times. It never had any problems in the field.

If I were in the market for a new one I'd probably get the 11-87, though. For a while, it was really hard to get parts for the Franchi guns.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams