Snubbie revolver hmmm.....

2»

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,966 Senior Member
    Did someone say snubbie and moon clips?
    Yeah, but, we want it to be with 9mm and moonclips
    attachment.php?attachmentid=4025&d=1380151340
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,375 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Yeah, but, we want it to be with 9mm and moonclips
    attachment.php?attachmentid=4025&d=1380151340

"YOU" want it to be 9mm with moon clips. Me? I want it to be BIG with moon clips. Someday, when I'm old and feeble, I'll settle for the 9mm with moon clips.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Remember the FBI S&W revolver M-10? 3" barrel? .38 special IIRC, funny how most LE agencies were so slow to transition to autoloading or selfloading pistols in spite of a proven track record.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,225 Senior Member
    Did someone say snubbie and moon clips?

126_2646.jpg

A good looking pistol. How does it shoot?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene, the ones I saw were custom made by gunsmiths from war surplus guns, and reworked trigger jobs sometimes lovingly polished and reblued! True works of art and real shooters too!!!!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    I flirted briefly with the famed Tyler grip, tired of it after a season, and ditched it, liked it better with those rosewood grips.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,375 Senior Member
    Gene, the gun shoots marvelously. The front sight was remounted with silver solder and I contoured it to a shark's fin and ever-so-flattened the blade at the top. She shoots exactly to point of aim at 15 yards.

I used her recently to qualify with the revolver part of my retired LEO license, and used my Gold Cup for the semi-auto part. Nice to keep the same rounds between the two.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    I would carry both guns, I like that revolver for a first snap shot.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    I don't want to pee on anybody's parade. Everybody has their little nitch ideas. While I'm not a big handgun man, I have a few that I do love. For me, I would be very pleased just to have a 22 Revolver, a 22 Model 41 S&W, a 9mm SA (which I already have) .357-38 Wheel Gun (Which I also already have) and some sort of 44 Mag, preferably a Ruger Super Black Hawk. A 9mm in a wheel gun would be ok but I don't have a burning desire for one because I already have a 12 shot capacity S&W 9mm Semi which scratches my 9mm itch. But that's just me.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.