Great Weekend

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,231 Senior Member
My Son and Daughter both came back from College this weekend and we hunted together.
The Son filled a tag, my daughter had a close encounter with a 150 class 10 pointer and I didn't see squat. It was the best weekend in the world! (as the smiles indicate)

kyle2014.jpeg

Meg2014.jpeg

Replies

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Awesome! I need to get out for some time in a tree!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,095 Senior Member
    Looks like they were happy considering the smiles. I bet you had one on your face, too! :up:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,481 Senior Member
    Good hustle! Just having them home is fun in itself...let alone some time in the field!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,341 Senior Member
    I love seeing this. Really great to see them getting it done.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,657 Senior Member
    The smiles say it all!!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    Priceless :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    take your kids hunting, and you won't have to be hunting for your kids. Good job.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,965 Senior Member
    Neat----that button will be great table fare
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    twa wrote: »
    My Son and Daughter both came back from College this weekend and we hunted together.
    The Son filled a tag, my daughter had a close encounter with a 150 class 10 pointer and I didn't see squat. It was the best weekend in the world! (as the smiles indicate)

kyle2014.jpeg

Meg2014.jpeg

Man! That is just as good as good gets! Congrats to you all. Now if it's me by myself, getting a deer is great and that's why I hunt. But when you can be out there with your kids, It doesn't make a flip whether you kill something or not. My best memories were made with my kids out doors.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Family hunts are the best hunts. Thanks for sharing
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,231 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Man! That is just as good as good gets! Congrats to you all. Now if it's me by myself, getting a deer is great and that's why I hunt. But when you can be out there with your kids, It doesn't make a flip whether you kill something or not. My best memories were made with my kids out doors.

Thanks guys - Snake you are 100% dead on with that statement!