Hunting in the morning!

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,893 Senior Member
Tomorrow is opening day for elk and deer (mulies, whiteys, and WT does). Bear, wolf, and turkey seasons have already opened. Picking up my "brother" from Spokane airport in a couple hours so he can enjoy the first six days of the season with me.

No work for more than a week. And the wife is out of town. Where is the emoticon for "giggling like a school girl"?
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,000 Senior Member
    Good luck
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,106 Senior Member
    Hey, hunt hard, hope you have venison and elk for dinner in "camp"
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Hey, hunt hard, hope you have venison and elk for dinner in "camp"

I hope you don't have to hunt hard. Just show up and there he is, BOOM! Meat on the ground! Oh well, very seldom happens like that and I guess you'll appreciate it more if you DO have to work hard for it. So whatever, I hope you get a moster.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,114 Senior Member
    Happy hunting and shoot straight :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,434 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Tomorrow is opening day for elk and deer (mulies, whiteys, and WT does). Bear, wolf, and turkey seasons have already opened. Picking up my "brother" from Spokane airport in a couple hours so he can enjoy the first six days of the season with me.

No work for more than a week. And the wife is out of town. Where is the emoticon for "giggling like a school girl"?

That's how it's done. Have fun!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,828 Senior Member
    GOOD LUCK and have fun!

Looking forward to your trip report and pictures
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,809 Senior Member

where was my invite........Go get emmmmmmmm
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    where was my invite........Go get emmmmmmmm

Anyway, good luck. We're right behind you, er well a few weeks, :tooth:

Seriously, our deer season here opens on November 1st this year. It's the first full weekend in November and the first is on Saturday.

I'm biting at the bit and ready to go.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,893 Senior Member
    One non-resident tag filled! He was casually hunting with his son and this buck decided that the guys were not a threat.

buck_zpsbc61ef8e.jpg

Ayn Rand
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,114 Senior Member
    :applause:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    :up:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,434 Senior Member
    One non-resident tag filled! He was casually hunting with his son and this buck decided that the guys were not a threat.

Good stuff!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Nicely done! Gun, caliber, scope, details please.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,498 Senior Member
    Good luck and good hunting!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,828 Senior Member
    Most Excellent
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,893 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Nicely done! Gun, caliber, scope, details please.

Best part of this story: That was his first buck ever!

The rifle is a Remington 700 in 7mm SAUM. He shoots Remington factory loads. The scope is a Bushnell 3 X 9 but I don't know the model.

The shot was about 75 yards. They were walking an old forestry road and the buck just stepped out and stared at them. The deer was hit behind the right shoulder. You can't see the entry wound in the photo, but the exit nearly blew the left front leg off.

Ayn Rand
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,765 Senior Member
    Six days? You lucky dog! Shoot straight and enjoy the vacation. :up:
    Best part of this story: That was his first buck ever!

The rifle is a Remington 700 in 7mm SAUM. He shoots Remington factory loads. The scope is a Bushnell 3 X 9 but I don't know the model.

The shot was about 75 yards. They were walking an old forestry road and the buck just stepped out and stared at them. The deer was hit behind the right shoulder. You can't see the entry wound in the photo, but the exit nearly blew the left front leg off.

Deer must have thought he was a car! Shooting them on the road is a good thing, you picked a good hunting partner.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Best of luck to you......Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO