My good cop story

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,548 Senior Member
Got pulled over a little bit ago. The Idaho State Police (ISP) was following me back from a dump run. I look at my speed and I'm doing 64 in a 65 so I'm thinking all is fine. Then I turn onto my road (25 mph) and he follows. WTH? He lights me up and I pull over. He tells me that my registration is expired (9-30-2014) and I was speeding. 32 in a 25. This is my plow/farm/beater truck that gets driven maybe once a week. I say "Nah, it's been paid I just haven't put the sticker on." He smiles, "Nope. I ran the vehicle and it is expired." He asks for license and proof of insurance. I don't have my damn wallet, it is in my hunting backpack! I pull out the paperwork and the insurance card. The insurance card is expired. Great. I'm wearing a pistol and there's a visible rifle behind the seat. *Fantastic*

Now he says (smiling) "Speeding, no insurance, lapsed registration, failure to provide ID, and (grinning) excessive amount of blood in the truck." My friend killed a deer and we were hauling the remains to the dump.
I give him my name and address and he runs my info. Walks back to the truck and says "I'm not citing you for anything because I don't want to ruin your weekend or your hunt. Congrats on the buck!" He didn't even acknowledge the guns.

I know I am generally hard on police, and he could've written me for EVERYTHING, but he didn't. Thanks!

I printed a current POI card and paid the registration online and printed the receipt. I am once again a law abiding citizen.
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,253 Senior Member
    Aren't you glad you weren't in Noo Yawk, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, or even Atlanta? Living in the United States like we do has its advantages!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,548 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Aren't you glad you weren't in Noo Yawk, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, or even Atlanta? Living in the United States like we do has its advantages!
    Jerry

Yes it does!
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    Refreshing story, especially with so much negative stuff we see on the news.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,999 Senior Member
    That's awesome, but not enough drama for the nightly news!!dripping-1.jpg
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,719 Senior Member
    The Trooper is probably a lurker on the forum, just trying to get some brownie points with you:jester:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    I'm surprised a state cop would let you off the hook so easily. Those guys are usually the nitpickers out of all of them.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!